Sundown Audio

Right i am currently in the middle of building a new system as i blew my old sub and don't want to recone as i want to do a new build this will be my first big build.

What i am looking at buying is 1 Zv5 15'' and a SCV-6000D and wiring the sub down to 2 ohms as sundown says the amp will put out 3k at 2 ohms.

Reason for getting the SCV-6000D is because in a few months maybe after Christmas i will be buying another Zv5 15'' and wire them both down to 1 ohms so both will see roughly 3k.

Reason for this thread is to ask if its safe to do wire it to 2 ohms safely or will it over power it?

If so which Zv5 do i need the D1 or D2.

Many thanks.

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

Right so that's the first bit sorted i need the D1 so i can wire the single sub to 2 ohms and when i get the second one i can wire both down to 1 ohm.

But what about running the single Zv5 at 2 ohms on the 6k amp is this safe as sundown says it will put out 3k power?.

So is it safe to do the above?

you dont have to output 3kw to it even though it will probably handle it just fine. you can just turn down the gain and not make the amp put out the 3kw it says it will put out. 1000w over rated power will probably be just fine, im putting between 3-4kw on a 1500w rated sub and it handles it just fine for a song or two then it needs to cool down.