For a team fi 18

Amp scv 4000

Mechman 270...soon

Lol

Trying to stay musical.

Box 22h-22d-43w= 10 cubes

Port 6w-20t-40L around 2 cubes

So around 8 cubes tuned to 30 ish hz 120 square in port area

Would this port work or would it be a dissaster? lol I'm open to any suggestions on port size and legth...or even designs criticism welcome ... it's going in a nissan murano if that helps also

Spec for sub is 5-8 cubes. If your trying to stay musical i would say build about 6.5 cubes and tune around 34-36hz with about 16" of port per foot (which equals about 100 sq" of port).... just my opinion... bigger boxes typically are "boomy" smaller boxes are "tighter" tune say under 33hz for low low end bass tune 34-38 hz for more "musical" play but you can still safely play into the low 30's

To calculate internal volume you measure externally HxWxL then divide by 1728 (one square foot in inches) thats your internal volume... then account for sub displacement which is .26 for your sub, also need to account for box bracing and port displacement.. add those up and subtract from your internal volume then BOOM there is your net volume.

I disagree. You can be musical tuned at 30hz or even 20hz

Only way to know his playable bandwidth being tuned at 20 hz would be if it was ran through a program right ?

Not in a car, you would have to measure it.

However, just for reference Sound Quality competition cars tune well into the 20s.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

To calculate internal volume you measure externally HxWxL then divide by 1728 (one square foot in inches) thats your internal volume... then account for sub displacement which is .26 for your sub, also need to account for box bracing and port displacement.. add those up and subtract from your internal volume then BOOM there is your net volume.

no, you have to use the internal dimensions.

^^^ correct, but you can use external dementions if you account for wood thinkness. Or you could just download the app i circled and input your wood thickness along with your external measures and it will calculate your internal volume for you... sorry i made some mistakes on the posts, prolly shouldnt be on the form last night on account of me being up since 4:30 am and immediately drinking fire ball when i got home from work lol. Thank you for the corrections.

Archived