2004 Most Powerful Car Audio Amplifier JBL/Crown A6000gti

6000 watts may not seem like big power today, but in 2004, the JBL/Crown A6000Gti was touted as "The World's Most Powerful Car Audio Amplifier." Let's take a closer look at this monster and also try it on the Amp Dyno. Can it do 6000 watts or more??

Rated to deliver:

1500x2 at 4 ohms 12.5V

2600x2 at 4 ohms 14.4V

3000x2 at 2 ohms 12.5V

4055x2 at 2 ohms 14.4V

6000x1 at 4 ohms bridged* 12.5V

8110x1 at 4 ohms bridged* 14.4V

*Amplifier tested in 2 channel mode only for this video

or embedded below:

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo

Great video

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

Badass amp right there, but the price tag is not so badass though. lol

A lot of thought and technology went into it, so i see why the price is as high as it was, but damn.

The dynamic headroom on this thing is fucking insane.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

What a beast.

They probably should have used dual or triple inputs on that though, there's no way a single can feed it right.

$6,000 was a steep price tag but I've seen these go used for $1,500 which Is a great price for something that can pump out 11,000 watts.

I think I remember that there were issues with these going up in smoke, am I correct in remembering that?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

The dollar per is pretty damn good. That's doing gobs at a upper ish load. That 1.6 test was pretty insane.

It is odd to not see it have at least dual inputs. Give ya that. And what I was thinking. 13 amps at idle ? 200 plus start up? Geezus.

What a beast.

They probably should have used dual or triple inputs on that though, there's no way a single can feed it right.

$6,000 was a steep price tag but I've seen these go used for $1,500 which Is a great price for something that can pump out 11,000 watts.

I think I remember that there were issues with these going up in smoke, am I correct in remembering that?

Dual inputs at a minimum for sure, triple would not hurt. I have heard about some having issues, that's why I was very afraid when I bought this one it would not survive the Dyno tests.

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo

• 1 month later...

What a beast.

The power and ground terminals easily accept 00 gauge welding cable or 00 Sky High (with just a little trimming). Not like it'll be far from your battery bank either.

According to the tech at Sound West (who knows them inside and out blindfolded) the glue they used on some components was a bit of a weak link and made them susceptible to vibration damage. I suspect most other failures are people trying to run them low impedance (they are meant to drive 4 ohm).... oh, and I don't think they're safe for 15V + input either.

I absolutely loved mine. If anybody is interested, my brother owns my old one now and would probably sell it for 1500$ plus half of shipping.

Archived