Project Flexington: 160.3db @ 37hz!! Parallel 6th order walk through, DC Neo Elite 18s, 4 DC 5.0ks, JY Lithium, 12 banks of XS Caps

Sorry I haven't updated in the last couple days, mostly been demoing and dialing in the system. I'll post more details soon, but a summary is that I got the 10s in, 2 tweeters in, turned the amp up and clamped it. 23hz, 3hz below tuning so it's about the most power I'll see and the least rise is rising to 6ohm per channel and 2400w per channel. Subs were moving only about half of xmax. So the 149.8 at 28hz was probably on around 3000w lolol

But anyway, the main reason I'm posting is I got ballsy today and decided to try sub 20hz tones....let's just say it was post worthy.

The subs actually move probably close to xmax, there is actually a bit of Port velocity from the large port (almost none until low 20hz, even at 20hz it was barely any)...and when I closed the door to see how it sounded sealed up, the flex was absolutely knarly! Video doesn't do it justice, was moving probably 1.5-2" total:

And the craziest part is it sounded clean...no port chuffing or anything, just a pure 15hz with the cabin screaming for dear life. Can't wait to get everything reinforced and actually put some sound deadener in this thing!!!

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love it!.....finally got my series 6th dialed in pretty good...gonna try 1 more front port before calling it done...redid my back and moved some amps around...currently have a sundown scv 2k in and still did a 149.1 sealed on the dash and a 151.2 at 26hz window down...when I throw the 8.0 TFE back in should pull a mid-upper 50 anywhere between 20hz-50hz

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

That looks like it hurts lol

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Thanks guys!!! Results so far are pretty promising

That looks like it hurts lol

I wish, unfortunately at such a low frequency it's not painful, just destroys shit lol. She's a bit painful in the higher frequencies but I'm not pushing enough power in the pass band right now because of box rise to get really loud.

So due to the box rise being so high I'll need different coils to get power outta the warhorse. I don't plan on keeping the x15s and am planning on going DC Audio level 6 18s, so instead of waiting until next year when I rebuild I'm just going to buy them this year. Going to do some clamping in the passband but I'm fairly certain I'll need dual .7ohm coils wired to .35 per channel to combat rise. At the 6x rise in clamped at 23hz, .35 would be 2.1 per channel.

I'm fairly certain that I won't see anything lower than 6x rise in the pass band, but I want to be sure. I am also not sure how the rise will change going to level 6 18s. Luckily my good friend who has been helping out with assemblyou happens to have 2 18" level 6 m3s with .7 ohm in his wall. So he's going to let me toss them in for a week or 2 to do some testing. This way I don't have to take the chance of getting the wrong coils, what a nice guy, right?

Can't wait to play with the new m4s level 6s, my old m3 was nuts, so the added throw and lower fs of the m4s have me pretty excited!

The wall won't be ideal for the 18s, hence why I'm rebuilding next year, but tuning the rear port a bit higher should give me enough extra volume to make it work. It's nice that dc subs love small enclosures too!

I also have a DC Audio 175.4 on the way that will power the 10" woofers a bit better. Gotta say Rusty really knows how to take care of his customers, it blows me away that he is still as customer focused now as he was in DCs early days. Can't say enough good things about DC and can't wait to have their equipment in my build again!

• 3 months later...

Just realized I haven’t updated this thread in forever.  Haven’t got a lot farther with the audio portion of the build due to a setback I encountered near the end of fall.  The transmission ended up going out so I pulled the engine and upgraded it.  I’ll post updates to get the thread current soon.

I do have big news on the system side of things though.  I preordered the new subs for this coming season last week.  I had initially planned on going with the new DC Audio M4 Level 6 18s but as some of you may have seen, Rusty recently announced a new subwoofer was in the works.  After a couple of weeks of consideration, I ended up following the go big or go home philosophy and pulled the trigger.

Of course, the subs I’m talking about are the new DC Audio 4” coil Neos!![\b]  I ordered 2 18s and following the same go big or go home route, I also decided to get the Carbon Fiber cone and dust cap upgrades too!  Pre-order deposit has been made and I should be receiving them in a few months.  I’m extremely excited to be one of the first to get a set and see what they can do!  In the meantime I will be tearing down the current wall and rebuilding it to accommodate them.  I would just swap baffles but due to a design oversight while building the boxes for the 10s / loading wall, I’m currently limited in the amount of port area for the front high tuned chamber and have to tear most of the box out to change it due to a design decision I made while building it.

Stay tuned for updates as I will be posting quite a bit to get this thread caught up.   Also, please comment and let me know what you think!

looks awesome, im ready to see some big boy subs on lots of power haha

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Archived