the_garynator

Parallel 6th order walk through in Nissan Hardbody on 10kw - HOLY !#$% 15hz video pg 4!!

68 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, Mr DeeBeez said:

Oh dang! That was the feature that had me considering that unit. I love having a double din but being able to run full active would be so nice. I dont really want to get an 80prs like most people. Dont think I could go back to a single din

Yeah, I was a bit disappointed when I found out.  I actually have a brand new 80prs I purchased for the truck but then found out the 5700 has the active crossovers too.  I have a 4100nex in my 370z and going back to a single din in the truck was torture so I ended up not even installing the 80prs and ordered the 5700 lol.  Turns out the 80prs has the same crossover network, so it's a 2 way + sub as well.

1 minute ago, the_garynator said:

Yeah, I was a bit disappointed when I found out.  I actually have a brand new 80prs I purchased for the truck but then found out the 5700 has the active crossovers too.  I have a 4100nex in my 370z and going back to a single din in the truck was torture so I ended up not even installing the 80prs and ordered the 5700 lol.  Turns out the 80prs has the same crossover network, so it's a 2 way + sub as well.

really? Its the same crossover as the 80prs? Huh. I didn't know that. 

Update 4:
Had to cut an access panel for the transmission cooler lines so they would clear:
FB_IMG_1484184273273_zps0t2kryvq.jpg

Pulled the intake manifold:
FB_IMG_1484184280846_zpsywdtt6wf.jpg

Unfortunately we found that the valve seals were shot, so off came the heads:
IMG_20170104_221529_924_zpshf0qeink.jpg

Luckilly i had a set of heads laying around from my old roadmaster that i never ended up putting on.
Theyre mildly ported 993 heads with 500 lift springs. Had them resurfaced at the machine shop and had the valve seals replaced too:
IMG_20170104_221653_067_zps1zo3qgll.jpg

Made myself a mount for my new shifter:
IMG_20170104_221304_892_zps6wylpqzu.jpg

And thats where its at presently.  Im going to probably pull the passenger door off soon and start reinforcing it. Planning on tearing into the wall after the engine work is done and getting it ready for the DC Neos!

3 people like this

3 months from now can't come fast enough...I'm so excited for a pair of these to show up. Going to need to incorporate a window of some sort into the new wall to show off the carbon cones lol

FB_IMG_1484460394418_zpszo8vsbwk.jpg

3 people like this

On 1/13/2017 at 5:18 PM, the_garynator said:

Im glad yall were talking about this, didnt even know double-dins had active features. Comes to find out it comes on all the new models down to the 1800bs, but cant find aome for sale anywhere. Will settle for the 2800 or 3800 model later this week.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Karkov said:

Tuned, this is awesome!

Thanks man! Should have some more updates this week, hopefully will have it running if all goes smoothly

Just a small update, I bought another bank of XS Power super caps on Sunday. Now I'll be running 4 banks.  Im considering shinking the depth of my wall and building it as wide as i can in the bed of the truck so that i can mount the amps behind the box for better packaging / mounting of the capacitors.  Also considering ditching 2 of my batteries since i really shouldnt need them and it'll free up some more space.  Thoughts on this anyone?