Project Flexington: 160.3db @ 37hz!! Parallel 6th order walk through, DC Neo Elite 18s, 4 DC 5.0ks, JY Lithium, 12 banks of XS Caps

Door seals aren't all installed, unfortunately due to the damage to the door, the window channel is all tweaked and due to the new seal being in good condition, it pinches the window too tight so it's a pita to close. Guess it's either going to be door open or hot seat for demos at slam ???

But either way, the door is ridiculous, shakes the whole truck when you close it, and I still have a layer of deadener, 2 layers of birch AND 2 8s to go in yet lol

Passenger door ready for the birch panels!

20170603_201745_zps4bissxvt.jpg

Unfortunately I have to cut holes for the 8s with the router and this put a damper on getting that done:

20170603_201956_zpsshbimviz.jpg

kinda had some issues with the studs warping so the panels turned out like shit, but they'll have to do for slamology, no time to remake.

Caps are hooked together:

20170603_203409_zpsap9yhzit.jpg

The big buss bars are going home with Jerry to be welded because we had a slight setback due to me shaving the wrong side of the driver side door panel so Jerry inadvertently made an extra passenger panel frame ???

Either way, he's got a new frame for the driver side ready but will have to finish the door this week.

Gosh, this thing looks serious! Lol! I cant wait to see it next weekend :) 

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Didn't get much done today so far unfortunately. We were going to get lugs on all of the power and ground wires but unfortunately found out that my $200 of 2/0 lugs are too small for the skyhigh 2/0. Frustrating as hell!  So I may run down to the eb technologies and pick up some 2/0 ebflex welding cable tomorrow.  Buss bars should be back tonight.

Currently setting final lash:

20170604_2050000_zps5pepcrvn.jpg

Also got some of the transmission bugs worked out so that's a plus.

Yall having way 2 much fun...LOL! I would have been in jail after passing the 1st cop.

2000 Toyota Solara SEV6, 200 amp alternator, Jensen VX7020, Hifonics American Warrior Taurus X, Hifonics American Warrior Centurion X, JBL Club 6500C, Power Acoustik XP2K-4102, Coustic Power Logic HT-612 in a BP4.

5 hours ago, bigmacjack said:

Awesome build log! thanks so much for sharing

Thanks for reading :)  

Been working on the internals of the wall today. Ran into a little snag with the subwoofer mounting. My plan was to build a baffle like I had for the 15s, but realized my jasper jig doesn't go over 18 5/16 inner diameter. So I ended up using a 3/4" straight cut bit and used the 18 5/16 on the double baffle.  I'll then make a double layer that the subs wI'll bolt to which will then bolt to the stationary baffles. 

Also took the truck out for another spin, she gets up and goes even with the added weight. When the tires are cold she breaks the tires loose a little but on the 1-2 shift ?

Archived