Project Flexington: 160.3db @ 37hz!! Parallel 6th order walk through, DC Neo Elite 18s, 4 DC 5.0ks, JY Lithium, 12 banks of XS Caps

CONGRATS ON THE SCORE! SAW RUSTYS POST ON FB, FUNNY AS HELL

Pioneer 80PRS

4 Scan Speak discovery 4" full rage

2 Ampere Audio 6.5 Comp sets

3 Singer 370 Hairpin's

1 Odyssey g78/34-P1500

6 DieHard Platinum Marine g31

4 XS D3100's

DC 175.4

DC 90.4

4 DC 5k's

4 m3 lvl 5 15's

Soundrive RCA's

Lots of welding lead & SkyHigh

Team DC AUDIO

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

awesome!!!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

On 9/10/2017 at 6:31 PM, the_garynator said:

Thanks guys!

Glad it was a good time! Did you get a demo?

yes sir, i did. was amazing. You had to let your motor cool down a bit before hand though (which iirc, happened a few times with all those demos you gave)

Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152368-littlebuck1919s-feedback/#entry2177586

i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

6/18/82 - 4/17/12

R.I.P. to my sister Shana

On 9/14/2017 at 2:14 PM, BP1Fanatic said:

You need update the subject field!

Good call, done! 

On 9/16/2017 at 9:42 AM, littlebuck1919 said:

yes sir, i did. was amazing. You had to let your motor cool down a bit before hand though (which iirc, happened a few times with all those demos you gave)

I'm glad to hear!  Yeah, she was running a little hot because I forgot to top off the coolant after fixing a small leak lol.

Small update inbound soon.

Not a lot to show off but a lot to tell in this update.

I finally got around to lowering the tuning of the low tuned chamber.  I took about 6 inches of width out of it which lowered the tuning to around 27hz instead of 30-31ish.  This ended up nearly accomplishing the low end cutoff frequency I’m aiming for of 20hz.  Right now I can play down to 22hz at full demo volume (about 3 clicks from full tilt).  It will play lower but they really start to unload at 21hz and output drops off significantly.

I also did a few more extended demo sessions and have gotten a good feel for the bandwidth with the new port tuning.  It plays strong from about 22hz to 58hz.  I’m guessing it will play a bit higher but my low pass is set to 63hz so that’s probably causing a roll off above 58hz.  I’ll probably increase it for testing but in real world anything higher than 58 will probably cause thermal issues due to high power / low excursion.

Also did a ton of very long demo sessions including 6hrs last Sunday at a meet, 4hrs of that was nearly straight with only a couple of 10 minute breaks to go get demos from other people’s builds.  The shortest demos I gave that day were 3 minutes on a song that was nearly non-stop bass notes, and many of the demos I played significant portions of other songs back to back with it lol.  Definitely got some major heat in the neos, by the end of the night I was playing a song with a nearly constant 22hz bass line and it was like I had the heat on in the cabin, you could feel the heat coming out of the high tuned chamber hahaha. 

Also did a couple 1hr demo sessions yesterday as well as some testing.  The testing was a bit disappointing unfortunately.  It seems that the truck doesn’t do very well on music at all.  Power is super low on music but I want to do some further testing before I point all fingers at that.  On a good note, it seems to be super efficient on low power and I managed to get a 149.5 on only 1367w driver window open at the dash…but the best part is, it was at 22hz!

20170919_215238.thumb.jpg.61551cb429526e8737e3f42ebe8df718.jpg

After the rather disappointing testing, my buddy and I decided to just listen to it instead.  Since adjusting the ports it now plays door open as well as both windows open.  My buddy decided to experiment and opened the passenger window and realized it’s a MUCH better demo experience both windows open than passenger sealed driver open.  One of the most common observations I’ve heard regarding demos was that there was VERY little air movement on the passenger side. 

Luckily, my buddy said the decrease in SPL was almost un-noticeable yet it got 100 times windier which made it feel much more impressive.  I’m pretty excited to demo both windows open now, an added bonus is it’s MUCH less stress on the doors! Hahaha.

Anyway, I’m toying with the idea of trying a series tuned 6th with just the 2 woofers for shits and grins.  I’m sure it will get louder and a lot windier compared to the current enclosure, but I doubt it will sound as good.  So that might actually be the next thing I do, just gotta come up with a design I’m happy with.

Just so people can read lol what was said above

I finally got around to lowering the tuning of the low tuned chamber.  I took about 6 inches of width out of it which lowered the tuning to around 27hz instead of 30-31ish.  This ended up nearly accomplishing the low end cutoff frequency I’m aiming for of 20hz.  Right now I can play down to 22hz at full demo volume (about 3 clicks from full tilt).  It will play lower but they really start to unload at 21hz and output drops off significantly.

I also did a few more extended demo sessions and have gotten a good feel for the bandwidth with the new port tuning.  It plays strong from about 22hz to 58hz.  I’m guessing it will play a bit higher but my low pass is set to 63hz so that’s probably causing a roll off above 58hz.  I’ll probably increase it for testing but in real world anything higher than 58 will probably cause thermal issues due to high power / low excursion.

Also did a ton of very long demo sessions including 6hrs last Sunday at a meet, 4hrs of that was nearly straight with only a couple of 10 minute breaks to go get demos from other people’s builds.  The shortest demos I gave that day were 3 minutes on a song that was nearly non-stop bass notes, and many of the demos I played significant portions of other songs back to back with it lol.  Definitely got some major heat in the neos, by the end of the night I was playing a song with a nearly constant 22hz bass line and it was like I had the heat on in the cabin, you could feel the heat coming out of the high tuned chamber hahaha. 

Also did a couple 1hr demo sessions yesterday as well as some testing.  The testing was a bit disappointing unfortunately.  It seems that the truck doesn’t do very well on music at all.  Power is super low on music but I want to do some further testing before I point all fingers at that.  On a good note, it seems to be super efficient on low power and I managed to get a 149.5 on only 1367w driver window open at the dash…but the best part is, it was at 22hz!

After the rather disappointing testing, my buddy and I decided to just listen to it instead.  Since adjusting the ports it now plays door open as well as both windows open.  My buddy decided to experiment and opened the passenger window and realized it’s a MUCH better demo experience both windows open than passenger sealed driver open.  One of the most common observations I’ve heard regarding demos was that there was VERY little air movement on the passenger side. 

Luckily, my buddy said the decrease in SPL was almost un-noticeable yet it got 100 times windier which made it feel much more impressive.  I’m pretty excited to demo both windows open now, an added bonus is it’s MUCH less stress on the doors! Hahaha.

Anyway, I’m toying with the idea of trying a series tuned 6th with just the 2 woofers for shits and grins.  I’m sure it will get louder and a lot windier compared to the current enclosure, but I doubt it will sound as good.  So that might actually be the next thing I do, just gotta come up with a design I’m happy with.

Edited 4 hours ago by the_garynator

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Was it not legible?  Looked like he just copied/pasted from a word doc written in Calibri 11pt.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

on my screen the letters are in black so its hard to read LOL

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Archived