Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I have 3 orion HCCA 152 woofers that im running on some off brand 3500 watt amps. I wanna go with one solid amp to run all 3 at a 1.33 ohm. this is a daily driver 2003 trailblazer but I want it to hump. the woofer are rated at 2500rms/5000peak, I currently have 5 d3100's in the back, 1 redtop in the front that I want to change out but need to find a battery that will fit due to the dual alt bracket that holds a 240 mechman and a 370 mechman. out of these 3 amps, which one would you recommend I run on those 3 woofers with my current setup. thanks for any assistance you can give me.
I’ve designed an isobaric 6th order series tuned bandpass enclosure for my wife’s car. I want to build a series 6th for experience and for science.
I have a firm grasp of the ins and outs of WinISD, but I am new to BB6. So I started with measured values from my ported design with (4) 15’s, which I have dialed into WinISD and is pretty accurate. Then I modeled the same box in BB6 to see the variation between the two programs and measured values. That gives me a baseline ‘feel’ for BB6.
Can someone check my design? I plan to test and modify the design to optimize the performance, and then I’d like to funnel that real data back into BB6 so I can really get a better feel for the 6th order designs in BB6.
Here’s what I’ve come up with so far… This got me the most area under the curve but also a decent low end response:
[INSERT PIC HERE. I COULDNT PLACE IT HERE WITH DIRECT UPLOAD]
Low port (for the design shown above) is 6”H x 3”W x 33.3”L, with 2 flared ends
High port (for the design shown above) is 8”H x 3”W x 8.4”L, with 2 flared ends
Goal was to keep port velocities under 30 m/s, cone excursion within limits, and boost the low end response without getting a severe dip between the two port tunings. I really couldn’t bring the high tuned amplitude response down, maybe I need to widen the bandwidth? Figured widening the bandwidth would cause an undesirable dip in the middle.
Here’s the real measured TS parameters (via IM-SG) for the well-broken-in pair of Pioneer TS-W3003D4’s:
Dual voice coil, wired in PARALLEL (for measurements below) and both subs wired parallel to the amp.
Re (parallel, each sub) = 1.6ohm
Fs = 31.4 Hz
Vas = 2.822 cu ft
Qms = 3.706
Qes = 0.494
Qts = 0.436
Mms = 126.9 g
Cms = 0.203 mm/N
Dia = 10.2”
Sd = 81.7 sq in
Xmax = 14mm one way
I’d like to set the tuning for the low side at 31ish Hz and tuning on the high side at 63ish Hz. The subsonic filter setting will be determined via testing after the box is built and tuned to its final state.
I have about 5 cubic feet total to play with for this isobaric series 6th setup. I can toy with the final XYZ dimensions, I’m mainly looking for a solid set of values for volumes and port areas & lengths (if the ones I calculated in BB6 are not suffice). Rectangular ports are preferred but I can do aeroports or kerfed circular port if that’s a better route. I am competent with woodwork.
I’ll be starting a build log for this box design and its installation. Planning to include a lot of measured data (IM-SG and AMM-1). Really stoked for this build.
Thank you in advance!
The purpose of this thread is to evaluate and discuss the internal resistance of various batteries and (possibly?) test methods.
I’ll start this off by using the DC Load method to test some XS AGM, some K2 73Ah cells, and some K2/JYP 80Ah cells. The DC load method was used because that’s all the equipment that I had available or was able to purchase quickly and on the cheap. Here’s a link for more information on Load Test Methods.
Calculation used was Rint = ((Vrest/Vload) -1) x Rload)
Rint = internal resistance
Vrest = Voltage at rest
Vload = Voltage once load is applied
Rload = resistance of the load resistor
Now onto some pictures of the setup. If there is something amiss please chime in so we can figure it out.
1ohm load resistors (although they test out at 0.9ohm)
I connected them in series on one end, and I can change the resistance by simply connecting my jumper wire differently. I have the opportunity to connect at 0.45ohm, 0.9ohm, and 1.8ohm. Here's proof of half(ish) ohm, although I didnt use this low of a resistance for data collection:
So this connection would be 1.8ohm
This connection would be 0.9ohm
Here's the 73Ah K2 cells (not JY collaboration batteries)
The day before testing, I topped off all the batteries, including the JYP's in the back and the AGMs to the right.
24 hours later, I actually took measurements.
Data for the lithiums:
Data for the D3400R AGM
Looking forward to some comments, suggestions, etc. Thanks for looking!
Who's Online 4 Members, 1 Anonymous, 841 Guests (See full list)