NVX, XS, Mechman, and Skyhigh trailblazer

looks like its time to find out how good sonic electronics warranty system is one of my jad1200.1's has a clicking that is feeding back through rca cables (kinda sounds like a relay clicking on and off)

hopefully i dont need the box as they both got wet but i saved the barcode /serial number sticker

im gona try hooking it up differently just to triple check its the amp but before i pulled it out i checked it and it still did it 

wish me luck 

On 1/29/2017 at 9:40 AM, Clownrock95 said:

looks like its time to find out how good sonic electronics warranty system is one of my jad1200.1's has a clicking that is feeding back through rca cables (kinda sounds like a relay clicking on and off)

hopefully i dont need the box as they both got wet but i saved the barcode /serial number sticker

im gona try hooking it up differently just to triple check its the amp but before i pulled it out i checked it and it still did it 

wish me luck 

sense we cant edit anymore ill just update it this way

i tested it and its def something in the amp video below (i hate that i filmed it vertical) 

to summarize what is happening when the amp is turned on there is a back feed of signal through the rca's that is a popping noise and the leds on the amp blink (hard to see on video)

• 1 month later...

update on the warranty exchange:

the good:once i got the ok to ship the amp out from sonic it took longer to get to them than it did for them to process after it arrived same with return shipping 

the bad: not knowing exactly what needed to be returned i sent everything that came in the original packaging (including the Manuel, bass knob, spare fuses, and the reducer that comes with the amp) but i didn't get any of that back when i received "ok no big deal" i though "i'll contact sonic and have them clear it up should be easy they seem to have great customer service with fast turn-around" how wrong i was......

the ugly: on February 25th i contacted sonic and one of the reps put in a missing parts order for me it is now nearly 5 weeks later (march 29th) and i have just sent the third email to them (detailed below)

unfortunately this has gone from the best customer service experience i could hope for to the worst experience i have ever had with a company 

email details (heavily shortened):

February 25th 6:30AM: thank you for the painless exchange but i need this part i sent with the amp

February 25th 6:00PM: It should be fulfilled this week, with the parts that you need being shipped out to you.

February 26th 2:00AM: thanks for the help

February 26th 5:30PM: (typical customer service ending message)

March 16th 2:45AM: its been nearly 3 weeks did i miss something i need to do or is there a delay on your end

March 16th 6:30AM: follow up has been sent sorry for the inconvenience 

March 29th 1:00PM(today): its been nearly 5 weeks sorry to say but this has gone from the best customer service experience i could hope for to the worst experience i have ever had is there any reason its takeing so long 

(waiting on reply)

• 1 month later...

Archived