Second Skin Audio

What happens when you use less port area than recommended?

akuma4u

Good descriptions of the various TS specs:
http://www.speakerplans.com/index.php?id=faq1

Just put the relevant info from the Sundown site/spec sheet into the correct boxes and you should be all good to go.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good descriptions of the various TS specs:

http://www.speakerplans.com/index.php?id=faq1

Just put the relevant info from the Sundown site/spec sheet into the correct boxes and you should be all good to go.

well heres what i was able to input until i got stuck.. i dont even know if some of the inputs are incorrect or not.. if someone could verify and fill in the blanks for me that would be great

i just noticed xmax is set to 25 meters i know this has to be changed... but is this xmax one way ?

xllbpi.jpg

Vas is 17.5L according to the Sundown site, not 8L. If you got a spec sheet dw about it.
Double click on the m next to xmax to change it to mm.
Z is the impedance, probably should be 4 ohms since Re is typically less.
Qms and Qts differs from Sundown site too, again, if you have a spec sheet that came with your woofer that's great and don't worry about what the site says.
Pe is power, so 2000 I guess.
Dia is probably diameter of the radiating area. Double click the m to change it to your favoured unit then put in the however wide the cone + half the surround is. Probably 10-10.5" but measure for yourself.
Sd is cone area, if the spec sheet mentions it put it in, make sure you change it to the correct unit as well. If not then take Dia and multiply it by π2

I'd guess it's one way in winisd? It might say in the documentation. Just assume it is. If not, double the excursion is theoretically 6db more, of course it affects required port area and safe power input/hpf though but you're on the safe side with the last 2. Can always sim it with both 25mm and 50mm and see how it affects port velocity and max input power.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

here is one of the designs i did for this zv3 12 ... this is my first attempt , can someone verify if this would work or if there are any problems with it? if the curve graphs look good then im going to pull the trigger on this design build. i have several torres designs i made up - based upon the best curve response i will choose that design to build.

105vekn.png

Vas is 17.5L according to the Sundown site, not 8L.

Double click on the m next to xmax to change it to mm.

Z is the impedance, probably should be 4 ohms since Re is typically less.

Qms and Qts differs from Sundown site too, do you have a spec sheet that came with your woofer? If so that's great and don't worry about what the site says.

Pe is power, so 2000 I guess.

Dia is probably diameter of the radiating area. Double click the m to change it to your favoured unit then put in the however wide the cone + half the surround is. Probably 10-10.5" but measure for yourself.

Sd is cone area, if the spec sheet mentions it put it in, make sure you change it to the correct unit as well. If not then take Dia and multiply it by π2

no i just got sub in box, bikini girl poster, stickers but no spec sheet... the site only has some of the values i need to input but even then according to what u have said, they are off.. this is where it gets confusing for me..

Yeah that threw me too. Could mean they're the same but I doubt it. Best to email them and ask.

I said they're off based on what I saw on the site, it says on there Qms 7.2, Qts 0.5 and Vas 17.5 for the ZV3 12, but that's for the dual 1 ohm version since as you said the dual 2 is incomplete.

all the specs you need for winisd are on the site

http://www.sundownaudio.com/index.php/subwoofers/z-v-3-series

No they aren't. The info for the D2 is missing.

all the specs you need for winisd are on the site

http://www.sundownaudio.com/index.php/subwoofers/z-v-3-series

No they aren't. The info for the D2 is missing.

You can use the data for the D1 coils, its not going to be that much different.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived