Second Skin Audio

subwoofer enclosures

frogcase2002

Got alot of experience and do kerfs and everything but iv just done it as side work and usually just made like 50-60 profit on enclosures

50-60 profit on enclosures is dirt.

Lol yea I know . I just really like doing it but need to make more having a shop. Thats why im trying to figure out how much we should charge . . Seen some places making between 3 and 400 for dual 15 enclosures and shit . .

I just want to make decent money and still give people decent deals .

Clarion cz702

Ssa evil mids and tweeters

ppi 900.4

2 zcon 18s

Taramps 10k

3 big dekas 1 xs

3 runs of 4/0 and big 3

300+ amp ohio generator

155.7 on dash at 36 (peak) 152 at 25

Just got done with an enclosure for 6 sundown e10s with flush mount subs and kerfed port and used birch. . Im getting 250 for that one . . Think thats decent? Was around 140 in materials

Clarion cz702

ppi 900.4

2 zcon 18s

Taramps 10k

3 big dekas 1 xs

3 runs of 4/0 and big 3

300+ amp ohio generator

Just got done with an enclosure for 6 sundown e10s with flush mount subs and kerfed port and used birch. . Im getting 250 for that one . . Think thats decent? Was around 140 in materials

To cheap IMO. How long did it take from first cut to completion? carpet? paint? When you add kerfs price should go up, birch, price should go up, flush mount, price goes up.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

To cheap IMO. How long did it take from first cut to completion? carpet? paint? When you add kerfs price should go up, birch, price should go up, flush mount, price goes up.

Carpeted . Painted port and painted around were the flush pieces are. . . Probably took like 4 or 5 hours or so but not 100 percent sure cause it was over 2 days cause was working on other shit at the same time

Clarion cz702

ppi 900.4

2 zcon 18s

Taramps 10k

3 big dekas 1 xs

3 runs of 4/0 and big 3

300+ amp ohio generator

Carpeted . Painted port and painted around were the flush pieces are. . . Probably took like 4 or 5 hours or so but not 100 percent sure cause it was over 2 days cause was working on other shit at the same time

Yea, I probably would have charged more, but the stuff I do is out of a garage for side work. But then again if you can make enough to support the shop and sell equipment for some profit with the box, who knows. I don't want to toss real figures since I personally havent done anything store front.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

I'm with Triticum and Wasteland.. I use about the same methods as both of them. I don't make alot like you but I've only been doing this on the side for a little over a year so Im not trying to make a killing... I sometimes make $100 on a build and some a little more.. I did a giveaway box a while back that was loaded with a Sundown e10. But that helped get my name out there more and sent some more builds my way..

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10"

https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/

If materials were $140 now you have to account for utilities used, wear and tear on tools, By the end you are probably paying yourself between $10-$15 an hour. seems pretty cheap to me. I would have charged $350.00 sounds like a badass box.

Just build you three enclosures for display entry level - advanced. This will be your baseline cost. You know this because you've calculated time, material, and shop fee. Then you can add all that other costs associated such as carpet, paint, fiberglass, nails/screws etc.

Archived