Second Skin Audio

Just another little box Im building!!

audiofanaticz

I've had a lot of questions and got prices on enclosures from him before that was on par if not cheaper than some of the shitty work I've seen from other builders close to me. He's only about 2 to 2.5 hours from me. The enclosure I have now is super well built but from someone else and it was a little more than the quotes I got from him. I would definitely have him make my next one, I was too impatient to wait the last time.

Also quick question Brian,

Why did you use a window brace behind the non port side wall? Just curious.

Double layering without adding too much weight? im sure weight isnt much of a factor in this build lol

I was too impatient to wait the last time.

Yea, I take time when I build and its me doing everything. Sometimes a buddy will help here and there on some projects.

One of the reason I just kept buying clamps, because after you use all your clamps up your kind of stuck waiting 10ish hours at least until you can remove them and then your stopped dead in your tracks playing the waiting game.

So like right now I am stuck waiting until 2am to do a finish sand, and start painting the port.

Double layering without adding too much weight? im sure weight isnt much of a factor in this build lol

You mean by the terminal cutout?

To save the extra few pounds from using a full sheet.

The box still has 2 other layers to go on the front yet that is not posted yet.

Anytime a box is being shipped weight is always an issue, anything over 150lbs turns into freight for both fedex and usps, so a box being shipped 8 hours away is $480ish in shipping that same box going to NV is pushing $1800 for shipping.

This box the last time I weighed it is right around 75lbs

Yea, I take time when I build and its me doing everything. Sometimes a buddy will help here and there on some projects.

One of the reason I just kept buying clamps, because after you use all your clamps up your kind of stuck waiting 10ish hours at least until you can remove them and then your stopped dead in your tracks playing the waiting game.

So like right now I am stuck waiting until 2am to do a finish sand, and start painting the port.

Anytime a box is being shipped weight is always an issue, anything over 150lbs turns into freight for both fedex and usps, so a box being shipped 8 hours away is $480ish in shipping that same box going to NV is pushing $1800 for shipping.

Yeah the front to back wall next to the terminal cutout.

Good point, I forget how much you ship out boxes rather than build for pickup.

Those shipping costs are ridiculous

Damn man, you should look into freight then, that's outrageous. I know my prices are different since I ship for work but I can ship 1000lbs anywhere in the lower 48 for under $200 except NYC, LA or bfe. Those are around 3ish

www.dcsoundlab.comDCforum.jpgyoutube video's kbsmoker2011 MECAOH AS3 Champ 147.5OH DB2 Champ 125.9WF AS3 3rd 147.3WF DB3 2nd 128.3

SystemPioneer AVH-P4300DVD2 sets Fusion Encounter 6.5 componentson Crunch Ground Pounder 1200.418" DC NEO

on DC 5.0KKnukonceptz 1/0 through outBig 3 all 1/0XS D6500under hood D3100 in the backMechman 270....rebuilt by Ohio Generator :)

pffft, I've seen better...

jk, but for real though, if i had, it would have been from you, lol.

Nothing else to say that hasn't already been said, you know you work is amazing....

Guys, he is a long ways from me and I STILL thought about him building my box, lol. I would have picked it up though but he is on far side of WI =/

I enjoy building boxes though so i generally do my own.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Damn man, you should look into freight then, that's outrageous. I know my prices are different since I ship for work but I can ship 1000lbs anywhere in the lower 48 for under $200 except NYC, LA or bfe. Those are around 3ish

Which company is that?

I have looked into freight already and they are more expensive, I checked ABF, Estes, and Con-way (which all have local hubs) for a multiple layer dual 18 box, and Fedex was by far cheaper but still a reaming.

So I found the guy a more local builder since I knew the box would be well over 150lbs.

Archived