Second Skin Audio

Peel and seal was the stupidest f**king thing I've ever done

Like the title says , the fucking stupidest thing I've done to date .

I got a few rolls a few years ago for free, and it looked enough like dynamat so I cleaned the doors ,and rolled it on 3 layers thick . It did sound better , but after this hot ass summer; my windows wouldnt roll down, locks quit working ect. So I'm in the process of a significant system upgrade , and I knew that I needed to re do my doors . What a fucking nightare . I've been at one door for almost 5 hrs and have be barely gotten the shit off the outer shell . The stuff on the outer skin is still there. Black fingers , a pile of ruined shop rags,and a whole roll of blue shop towels soaked in paint thinner. Once I get all the bullshit off , I'll be putting the door kit I got fri from second skin . We all gotta start somewhere . We don't all have to start where I did . Do Not Use Peel and Seal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It prolly sucks for what it's made for too.

Second time is a charm !

Sorry you had to learn the hard way, but like you said challenge accepted and time to get done right this time. We would love to have the images involved with your pains (not to laugh but to help educate more installers for the future). If you would like to share them we would use them on our Social media pages to help others not do this too. We would of course crop out any part of the photo identifying you if you want us to. You can send them to us at [email protected] we would love to share them. If you have any questions or concerns with your re-build please do not hesitate to contact us as we will help you through any sound deadening questions you may have, either by email or phone at 1-800-679-8511.

Good Luck with your re-build and have some fun when you get past all the sticky/yucky part. Thanks for choosing Second Skin Damplifier Pro for your new install, we apprecaite our customers and are thankful for your support of our high quality American made products.

Second Skin For The Win!!!

Just a single layer of damplifier , and luxury liner is far and above what 3 layers on the inside ,and outside of my door with p&s was. The door kit had more than enough to do my silverado doors . I can't belive the difference in the two.

I'll be buying more to do the roof , back panel , and floor !

Second Skin for the win!!!

Awesome, glad to hear it meet and exceeded your goals.....Second Skin For The Win!!!

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png