Second Skin Audio

Peel and seal was the stupidest f**king thing I've ever done

its k to use on the bed of the car n trunk but i wouldnt use it for the doors...to many horror stories

it is not ok to use anywhere in an automobile period.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

I want to add some photos of the mess but photo bucket has so many pop ups I can't even . Better photo host sight sugestions??

I gave up on photobucket years ago when they started going to shit.

I pay for a imageshack premium account now, but they also have a fee version too and you can create your account easily by signing up/in with facebook (if you have a facebook account).

Otherwise a lot of people use http://www.imgur.com too.

993530.jpg

We gotta steal this gem...thanks!!!

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

Like the title says , the fucking stupidest thing I've done to date .

I got a few rolls a few years ago for free, and it looked enough like dynamat so I cleaned the doors ,and rolled it on 3 layers thick . It did sound better , but after this hot ass summer; my windows wouldnt roll down, locks quit working ect. So I'm in the process of a significant system upgrade , and I knew that I needed to re do my doors . What a fucking nightare . I've been at one door for almost 5 hrs and have be barely gotten the shit off the outer shell . The stuff on the outer skin is still there. Black fingers , a pile of ruined shop rags,and a whole roll of blue shop towels soaked in paint thinner. Once I get all the bullshit off , I'll be putting the door kit I got fri from second skin . We all gotta start somewhere . We don't all have to start where I did . Do Not Use Peel and Seal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It prolly sucks for what it's made for too.

Second time is a charm !

Sorry you had to learn the hard way, but like you said challenge accepted and time to get done right this time. We would love to have the images involved with your pains (not to laugh but to help educate more installers for the future). If you would like to share them we would use them on our Social media pages to help others not do this too. We would of course crop out any part of the photo identifying you if you want us to. You can send them to us at [email protected] we would love to share them. If you have any questions or concerns with your re-build please do not hesitate to contact us as we will help you through any sound deadening questions you may have, either by email or phone at 1-800-679-8511.

Good Luck with your re-build and have some fun when you get past all the sticky/yucky part. Thanks for choosing Second Skin Damplifier Pro for your new install, we apprecaite our customers and are thankful for your support of our high quality American made products.

Second Skin For The Win!!!

• Like (+1 Rep) 3

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

I bought some premium brand deadener a few years back and that all failed and fell off. Sort of soured me on the really expensive stuff. That said, I've never even see peel n' seal though people have been trying it for ages now in the hopes of getting something for nothing.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

I bought some premium brand deadener a few years back and that all failed and fell off. Sort of soured me on the really expensive stuff. That said, I've never even see peel n' seal though people have been trying it for ages now in the hopes of getting something for nothing.

Not all sound deadeners are created equal. Even some so called "premium brands" are only "butyl based" or "contain butyl", those terms are used to make customers think they are getting a quality butyl product, but are still most likely made in China without regulation and quality controls of the types of fillers they put inside their products. That is why you should always insist on a high quality American made butyl rubber product like Damplifier or Damplifier Pro which has the highest heat rating in the industry of 450 degrees. The reason ours withstands that heat is because it is not filled full of cheap fillers. Whatever brand you choose, make sure it is an American made butyl product.

B) Second Skin For The Win!!!

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

468x60.png

Not all sound deadeners are created equal. Even some so called "premium brands" are only "butyl based" or "contain butyl", those terms are used to make customers think they are getting a quality butyl product, but are still most likely made in China without regulation and quality controls of the types of fillers they put inside their products. That is why you should always insist on a high quality American made butyl rubber product like Damplifier or Damplifier Pro which has the highest heat rating in the industry of 450 degrees. The reason ours withstands that heat is because it is not filled full of cheap fillers. Whatever brand you choose, make sure it is an American made butyl product.

B) Second Skin For The Win!!!

LOL. Actually it was the Damplifier Pro SPL tiles that fell off of my roof. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and chalk it up to user error ie. me improperly prepping the surface since I haven't heard any complaints of your stuff elsewhere. I think heat wasn't the issue since I'm pretty far north, but just not being sticky enough. I didn't mention the brand earlier because I didn't want people to get the wrong idea and I can't say for certain why they failed. I just picked up a stack of them in trade from a fella who had extras and didn't put much thought or effort into any of it... it was more of "Oh Ok I've got these now what can I do with them real quick" kind of thing.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

hispls,

Are you talking about Alpha Damp Tiles? Those haven't been manufactured since the new owner took over in 2010, so that would be on ANT and his crazy experiment with selling "SPL Tiles", a line of product Ken never took over (Just tried to help Ant market them) when acquiring the business just like Damplifier Lite which we decided were not of high enough quality to continue producing under the new owner. We've seen people selling Alpha Damp SPL Tiles all over the Internet up to last year 2015 (which means they have sat around since being manufactured in July 2010) well past there shelf life of being considered a sellable product. All of our current day (within the last 6 years) butyl products are manufactured in smaller runs fresh and steadily, instead of sitting around on shelves for months/years from large runs. Most times boxes don't stay here longer then 2 months. Thank you for your feedback, we always appreciate hearing about any experience weither it be bad or good, there is no way to grow as a company if you can't accept problems that occur. And we pride our self in customer satisfaction, if you ever need to talk to us about a product issue hit us up ASAP please.

Edited by Second Skin
  • Like (+1 Rep) 2

468x60.png