Sundown Audio

Help needed

Curtis01091983

Ive been doing my own stereo systems now for some years. I have a question; 1. I have to memphis c3 dual fours (1200 watts max 650 watts rms) wired down to 2 ohms. My amp is a massive audio 3600d x1. My question is this my amp gets hot and goes into protection, how can I fix this and any reccomendations.

Stock deck 2011 chevy suburban

2 memphis c3 15s, massive audio 3600d amp 4 gauge amp kit

First would be to check all connections are tight and clean as the amp can go into protect from low voltage.

Second would be to check all sub connections to make sure they are also tight.

Third would be to check your coils to see if you have one or more that are blown causing the impedance to drop below your amps range, or are dead shorting causing the protection to kick in.

Lastly might be that the amp has something wrong with it needing a repair, but only after you exhaust all other possibilities.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Thank for the replies. The amplifier is new the subs are me as well. I checked the ohms on the amp it read .1 and the subs read .2 I took it the the voice coils and amp were still good. I didn't check the ground but I will do that next. I also noticed that my inline fuse popped and the plastic housing is starting to melt.

I assume you have the fuse sized per manufacturer's recommendation?
A fuse can take quite a long time to blow at its rated current, so it's quite possible it could deform plastic. Whatever happened didn't pull enough current to pop it instantly though, which is probably a good thing.

EDIT: Or as Skullz says a bad connection in the fuse holder. That's probably you problem, voltage drop from that causing your amp to go into protect.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived