Sonic Electronix

Which Amp for Sundown SA

Looking for a amp to run 2 12 Sundown SA's. Have some choices below and have a reason behind it so let me know your opinion and also if theres other better trust amps out there that will do clean power. I will be running stock alternator and changing out my stock battery and probably run the same or smaller battery in the rear. Big 3 is done in 0 gauge. Might get my stock rewound which puts out 150A stock.

1. Sundown SCV2000D-The most powerful amp out of the three. Once my box rise and electrical kick in I'm guessing the subs will see around 1500RMS.

2. Rockford Fosgate T1500BDCP- I think this might be the best choice because it does 1500RMS at 1 and 2 ohms and once box rise and electrical kick in it will hover in between there and will still see the juice.

3. JL Audio HD 1200/1 - Also a good choice. Have the subs wired to 2ohms since this amp isnt 1ohm stable. The good thing about this amp is that it does 1200RMS between 1.5-4ohms and will also put the rated power between 12.5 and 14.4volts

Car: 2012 Acura TL Elite

Head Unit: JL Audio Fix86

Front Stage : Alpine SPX-17PRO

Rear Stage : Alpine SPR-60C

Component Amp : JL Audio HD 600/4

Sub : 1 12" JL Audio W7

Sub Amp : JL Audio HD 1200

Your gonna get a lot of different answers on this topic but the SCV I think is the best choice , I'm an American Bass fan so a VFL 120 is perfect for those but it's similar to the SCV.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Your gonna get a lot of different answers on this topic but the SCV I think is the best choice , I'm an American Bass fan so a VFL 120 is perfect for those but it's similar to the SCV.

I know Ill get a lot of different answers that's why I'm gonna get peoples opinions. I kind of leaning towards the JL Audio 1200/1v3 just becuase it does the rated power at 1.5-4ohms and also between 12.5-14.4 volts. So no matter what the sundowns will see 600RMS per woofer. My seconds choice would be the RF T1500 just because it does 1500RMS at 1 and 2 ohm. I know the amp is a bit underrrated and will do about 1800RMS but with box rise not sure how much power the subs will get.

Im not doing a vs thread Im just trying to get opinions on which amp would be better on my electrical I have.

anyone else have imput

I can tell you in my experience just as a reference for your electrical, when i had a 170 amp mechman with my two group 65's running my Sundown 50.4 and 2000D i'd see the 12.2v led blink very briefly on a SMD VM-1 when i ran it full out.

Not a whole lot of help for your question i suppose.

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

• 2 weeks later...

Archived