[Final Update 6/6] 99 S-10 Blazer Build - Lots of setups

23 hours ago, RedFred said:

Thanks for the tips 1f600.png

I always bring one of my roommates with to test stuff and he thought it was hilarious when we spent an hour and a half trying some of that stuff. Air vents, glove box, center console, folding backseats, etc. Dude couldn't stop laughing, and I was like "gotta get that .1 dB!"

Lol. No problem man. Yeah there are a lot of little things you can do to squeeze out an extra tenth. the biggest way I have found is to have seat as far forward as possible, and visor down

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

I've been doing a little more messing around with the setup. Overall I must say I'm impressed. I was really worried that I wasn't going to be over a 144 dB lol.

With that being said, it's never loud enough. I've been speaking with some SoundQubed reps about fitting 4 HDS215's in a similar box, so I think that's my next plan. I'll be using aeroports for the first time too hopefully, allowing me to change tuning on the fly.

In the meantime, here are some baby shirt tricks:

Had to dig deep. But I used to have a box similar in my old blazer as well.. 

PICT8628.jpg

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

18 minutes ago, SoCaLBaMF said:

Had to dig deep. But I used to have a box similar in my old blazer as well.. 

Yep ?

If you read through the posts, I referenced your build as the inspiration for my boxes

Did you ever meter it, and do you have any vids of hair/bag/shirt tricks?

5 minutes ago, RedFred said:

Yep 1f601.png

If you read through the posts, I referenced your build as the inspiration for my boxes

Did you ever meter it, and do you have any vids of hair/bag/shirt tricks?

Guess I never read too far into it lol. Never metered it, it played really low, and I never really had that much power to it either. It was just Fi Q 18s on a 2600w Soundstream. Nothing major but it got loud and low for what it was.

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

• 2 weeks later...

So I haven't been doing much lately with the system, but I did pick up some new stuff.

Purchased an AQ3500, a dual alternator assembly, and an HDC418.

fnrSdvBl.jpg

Ojsmzyel.jpg

Currently contemplating running this single 18, or continuing dual C318s.

Check out the specs in Hornresp for a tapped quarterwave tube/pipe  (TQWP/TQWT) with that single 18. Basically, it's a straight flare tapped horn or BP6 enclosure. In it's simplest form, it's a 7 board enclosure just like a BR.

transflex.jpg

2000 Toyota Solara SEV6, 200 amp alternator, Jensen VX7020, Hifonics American Warrior Taurus X, Hifonics American Warrior Centurion X, JBL Club 6500C, Power Acoustik XP2K-4102, Coustic Power Logic HT-612 in a BP4.

10 hours ago, BP1Fanatic said:

Check out the specs in Hornresp for a tapped quarterwave tube/pipe  (TQWP/TQWT) with that single 18. Basically, it's a straight flare tapped horn or BP6 enclosure. In it's simplest form, it's a 7 board enclosure just like a BR.

transflex.jpg

A lot of that info was lost on me. What is a BR?

I'll probably just be doing a regular ported box @ 6 cubes, 12" aero port with adjustable tuning from 30hz to 40hz, and wire the AQ3500 to 0.5.

Archived