[Final Update 6/6] 99 S-10 Blazer Build - Lots of setups

On 2/8/2017 at 4:22 PM, BP1Fanatic said:

BR = bass reflex or "regular ported box!"

Gotcha. It looks like that thing is 8' long? Not sure if that was an exact schematic you were suggesting, or just the general idea. Either way it looks a bit complex for me lol.

Anyways, I've been accumulating some stuff, so now I've got 2 HDS212s, 2 HDS215s, and an HDC315 sitting around. My Spring Break is February 24th - March 5th, so expect another box build of some sort around that time. Not entirely sure if it'll be 6 12s, 4 15s, 2 15s, 2 18s, or 1 18 yet. It'll all just depend on what stuff I'm able to scoop up for a good deal.

That's the patent pic. Play with Hornresp to see what dimensions work with your speaker. Plus, that long enclosure can be folded into a more square enclosure. It all depends on the width and depth you have to work with. An 8' × 2' enclosure can be folded into a 4' × 4' enclosure with horns or quarter waves.

2000 Toyota Solara SEV6, 200 amp alternator, Jensen VX7020, Hifonics American Warrior Taurus X, Hifonics American Warrior Centurion X, JBL Club 6500C, Power Acoustik XP2K-4102, Coustic Power Logic HT-612 in a BP4.

So my alternator bracket didn't show up, and evidently the guy hasn't even shipped it. I'm starting to think it's a scam and I'm out $95, but we'll see. He's supposed to ship and send me tracking info on Monday.

Then the guys who were supposed to buy my 2200's didn't show up either.

I did meet up with some people to exchange demos and do some metering which was pretty fun. My vehicle is finally starting to feel the effects of "being loud" lol. Between being 18 years old, living in Michigan its whole life, and demo'ing often lately, the rear windshield wiper mount thing decided it had enough.

YczfahAl.jpg

r0tl66pl.jpg

vws3soMl.jpg

HOKAsQ4l.jpg

After about 30 minutes of work we had it all patched back up though. It actually looks a lot better than I was expecting.

ViZ6uqEl.jpg

Damn michigan dosent mess around with rust lol..Good build tho 

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

6 hours ago, Beanz said:

Damn michigan dosent mess around with rust lol..Good build tho 

Yeah it's crazy. I never even noticed that it was rusting back there, until I got done demo'ing for a friend and walked around to open the hatch and saw that the mount was pretty much falling off.

Thanks ? Once I decide what route to go next I'll have a better plan under way.

I think a 270a or 370a secondary alt is in my future, some dual 6.5" door pods, and some kick pods, and I still haven't decided on sub stage yet...

As I've been telling Ty, I think I finally have some decisions made towards my next build. Spring Break is this coming weekend, and stuff will be under way.

I have my dual alternator bracket at home (minus the harness, which the guy hasn't shipped yet?), and bought this Mechman 270A today.

UzAaZCVl.jpg

I also grabbed these SQ HDC318, D1s last weekend.

Q5EzIJjl.jpg

They were in a tahoe sized box, so I had to borrow my dad's suburban and go drive about 3 hours round trip, but they look great. Pretty fresh recones.

I have that AQ3500, but I really want all my stuff to match, so I'm going to run these new SQ 18s, and strap my two 2200s @ 1 ohm. (0.5 ohm per amp)

My current box is 23.5" tall and 12.2 cubes net, so I think I'll build a new box around 21.5" tall and 11 cubes. Maybe with more space between the port and the roof it'll perform better.

I'm still debating if I want to add more mids/highs. Kick panels seem like they would have the best staging, but I fear they'll be annoying and keep getting kicked by myself and passengers.

im liking it sir,love seeing S bodys get loud.

2000 blazer LS

240 mechman

2 b2 HN v3 15s

crescendo bc5500 @.5

1/0 ebflex ofc

d680/g31

kenwood deck

mb quart components

crescendo pwx 8s

lots more to come

blazer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/204432-shadowcasters-2k-blazer/

142.8db MECA

2016 PA state champ mod 1 class

Yeah, I know what using tools for the first time is like... I've had to adapt to a new reality in that sense... 11 months ago I had a major stroke and I've been using all my free time wisely... Car audio! The wife hates the financial end but she can see the spark in my eye once again... I almost gave up at one point... I've had to relearn everything from walking to using a pencil... especially tools! My wife's 1997 blazer is currently in progress and I expect big things! I am an old school IASCA competitor who got away from the scene in 2000... but since has been bitten by that bug again... I'm sure I'll be chasin' numbers again at age 50 this time. I've tried to learn the video editor on you tube and I' still learning this site. Love those S-10 Blazers... Keep it up!

On 2/25/2017 at 10:23 PM, shadowcaster said:

im liking it sir,love seeing S bodys get loud.

Hopefully I'll be loud someday ?

On 2/28/2017 at 1:20 PM, 1gggman1 said:

Yeah, I know what using tools for the first time is like... I've had to adapt to a new reality in that sense... 11 months ago I had a major stroke and I've been using all my free time wisely... Car audio! The wife hates the financial end but she can see the spark in my eye once again... I almost gave up at one point... I've had to relearn everything from walking to using a pencil... especially tools! My wife's 1997 blazer is currently in progress and I expect big things! I am an old school IASCA competitor who got away from the scene in 2000... but since has been bitten by that bug again... I'm sure I'll be chasin' numbers again at age 50 this time. I've tried to learn the video editor on you tube and I' still learning this site. Love those S-10 Blazers... Keep it up!

Glad to hear that you're getting back in the game. I love seeing the older crowd bring their experience into the mix, especially because all the old school builds seem more cool and professional to me.

--------------------------------------------------------

While I build my new box, I picked up a real nice box that will fit an 18. It's 5.8 cubes, 120 square inches of port, kerfed, tuned @ 38hz.

So I threw my HDC418 in there on an SQ2200 @ 0.5 and let a rip.

W0EBJORl.jpg

I told Ty I thought it was around a 147 just from the old ear-o-meter, and these are what it actually did

N81oE1Yl.png

vOSY3d0l.png

I got all my wood and cuts done from Home Depot today, so hopefully the box build will commence tomorrow.

Archived