[Final Update 6/6] 99 S-10 Blazer Build - Lots of setups

Hey man, about the 13.8V.  Are you sure you have the battery current sensor plugged in? GM alternators self excite at 13.8V. 

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

14 hours ago, BP1Fanatic said:

That sucks about the packaging issues.

Yeah. I've had it happen before with computer parts and it's always an annoyance.

You would think companies that ship stuff for their entire job, would have ways of preventing this kind of thing from happening.

9 hours ago, Karkov said:

Damn, yea, I hate ALL shipping companies because of this, over and over, and over, and over, and over...oh you get the point

I was just glad I got the items shipped lol.

It was a guy from Facebook I had never heard of, and I sent the full payment to him on paypal one night. So all things considered, I think I made out alright on the deal

7 hours ago, WalledSonic said:

Hey man, about the 13.8V.  Are you sure you have the battery current sensor plugged in? GM alternators self excite at 13.8V. 

That's a definite possibility. I'm in Illinois with family right now, but I'll check it out as soon as I got back.

I called Mechman and they said around 14.2V can be normal during summer months, and they don't see an issue.

I've been driving around with the single 270a Mechman and voltage still idles low (14.2V usually). It does seem to handle well under load though.

In order to confirm if this alt has something wrong, I purchased another used Mechman 270a that I'll install when it gets here.

Also, I have a buyer for my 3x SQ2200s and my 2x Obsidian 18s ?

I think this build may be ending though... I've been looking at a couple Tahoes, and my sister is ready to buy the blazer!

Tomorrow I'm buying 4 HDC315's, and that'll be a start. I'm hoping I'll measure it out and be able to fit 4 18s, and I'll upgrade to C318s in a C-Pillar.

Should be an interesting summer for sure.

• 1 month later...

I think this Blazer is finally at its last stop.

My sister bought it and we had a couple little systems in there before she decided she wanted to upgrade some more.

So she has the refurbed 270a JS alt, doing great. Holds 14.6v+ all day unlike the Mechman.

TD7fbAfl.jpg

She also kept the G78 AGM under the hood and G31 in the rear, with 2 runs of 2/0.

Then I gave her an HDC418 with PSI Recone, rated for 4k RMS, to make sure she couldn't blow it no matter how much she tried.

wnrp2tYl.jpg

Running off an AQ2200 @ 0.5

rxqBIYhl.jpg

Doing around a 148 on the dash, Midwest SPL style driver window cracked.

rspASBjl.png

and with that, I believe this vehicle's build log is completed.

The other builds are available below:

Tahoe

Suburban

Archived