[Final Update 6/6] 99 S-10 Blazer Build - Lots of setups

4 hours ago, bsneon98 said:

That new box looks huge man! Upgrades look good too!

Haha. It's not too bad in person. Only 15ish cubes gross.

I spent a couple hours trying to design a 4th or 6th order C-Pillar with equal or more cone area than my current setup (2 18s, 4 15s, 6 12s, etc) but just don't think I have enough space. I think I could really gain from C-Pillar'ing and sealing off, but I want to be able to use my rear seats and play the woofers at the same time.

With flat walls at the C-Pillar, all the Blazers I've seen had to fold down the seats in order to play.

Blazer life is kinda difficult when you want those dang back seats...

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like how your front doors look! Did you put grills on the rear doors?

2000 Toyota Solara SEV6, 200 amp alternator, Jensen VX7020, Hifonics American Warrior Taurus X, Hifonics American Warrior Centurion X, JBL Club 6500C, Power Acoustik XP2K-4102, Coustic Power Logic HT-612 in a BP4.

54 minutes ago, BP1Fanatic said:

I like how your front doors look! Did you put grills on the rear doors?

Thanks ? I liked how the front turned out as well. Pretty clean just just dremel'ing some holes out.

Yeah I have grills on the rear door too, otherwise the speakers would rub on the seats when the doors were closed. I'll take some pics tonight for ya.

Man this brings back memories when I had my blazer. I actually ran 2 AQ hdc318s in the same style of box. I never thought of putting the tweets in the doors. I had mine in the factory spot with custom brackets. Looks good.

08 Ford F150

@BP1Fanatic here are the rear grill pictures:

58wVeYFl.jpg

XeUXcxfl.jpg

Also my SSA APM-2 got here, and I love this thing! So much fun trying different songs and combinations and stuff to squeeze out every dB

0egfkbcl.jpg

Anyone got any guesses for scores?

Should be 12.2 cubes net tuned @ 37hz if my box worked out. I think my port distance being a little too long may act as a port of unknown length though..

Man this brings back memories when I had my blazer. I actually ran 2 AQ hdc318s in the same style of box. I never thought of putting the tweets in the doors. I had mine in the factory spot with custom brackets. Looks good.

Haha I actually have your old build bookmarked! I looked at it a lot but you didn't give dimensions or specs or much for me to copy lol.

So far my best Midwest SPL style has been 148.08 @ 38hz completely sealed, and 149.19 @ 39hz with the window cracked.

Thinking I'll charge up my batteries, try a few other things, hit a 150, then sell the 18s, grab some 12s or 15s and figure out a plan for a C-Pillar wall.

Now that I read into competing and stuff it looks like I could do Midwest SPL Advanced 1 class, but a 149 definitely isn't gonna cut it lol. On the SoundQubed group everyone was estimating this build to do 152 - 155 dB.

19 hours ago, RedFred said:

So far my best Midwest SPL style has been 148.08 @ 38hz completely sealed, and 149.19 @ 39hz with the window cracked.

Thinking I'll charge up my batteries, try a few other things, hit a 150, then sell the 18s, grab some 12s or 15s and figure out a plan for a C-Pillar wall.

Now that I read into competing and stuff it looks like I could do Midwest SPL Advanced 1 class, but a 149 definitely isn't gonna cut it lol. On the SoundQubed group everyone was estimating this build to do 152 - 155 dB.

Not a bad score man! you can try moving your seat closest to the windshield, put your visors down, closing your air vents, and opening your glove box. Those are a couple things that may help you squeeze a tenth or two out of it. 

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

1 hour ago, Mr DeeBeez said:

Not a bad score man! you can try moving your seat closest to the windshield, put your visors down, closing your air vents, and opening your glove box. Those are a couple things that may help you squeeze a tenth or two out of it. 

Thanks for the tips ?

I always bring one of my roommates with to test stuff and he thought it was hilarious when we spent an hour and a half trying some of that stuff. Air vents, glove box, center console, folding backseats, etc. Dude couldn't stop laughing, and I was like "gotta get that .1 dB!"

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 10:45 PM, RedFred said:

@BP1Fanatic here are the rear grill pictures:

58wVeYFl.jpg

XeUXcxfl.jpg

Also my SSA APM-2 got here, and I love this thing! So much fun trying different songs and combinations and stuff to squeeze out every dB

0egfkbcl.jpg

Anyone got any guesses for scores?

Should be 12.2 cubes net tuned @ 37hz if my box worked out. I think my port distance being a little too long may act as a port of unknown length though..

Haha I actually have your old build bookmarked! I looked at it a lot but you didn't give dimensions or specs or much for me to copy lol.

The rear doors came out nice too!

2000 Toyota Solara SEV6, 200 amp alternator, Jensen VX7020, Hifonics American Warrior Taurus X, Hifonics American Warrior Centurion X, JBL Club 6500C, Power Acoustik XP2K-4102, Coustic Power Logic HT-612 in a BP4.

Archived