[Final Update 6/6] 99 S-10 Blazer Build - Lots of setups

Something that might help your score is re-bassing that song. You can see that at one frequency (second highest pitch) the score gains immensely compared to the other ones, so by replicating that you should be able to acheive your goal.

Yeah I've considered that.

All in all, if I had any idea I was going to be metering, I could've picked a better song lol.

I knew there would be a meter at the "competition", but thought it would be only for competitors. When the guy opened it up to anyone with a vehicle using it, I knew I had to hop on there and see what happened :P

sometimes less is more, i really bet the height of that enclosure being so clos to the roof was hurting your score.

score isnt the end all of this though. if you learned anything while building it, and you like how it sounded, thats all that matters.

It's definitely a possibility. But I learned a ton about box building, so for me the experience alone was worth it. Plus it's pretty sweet to retain those back seats.
This weekend I'll have the 4th order wall in (not sealed) and see how that is. Haven't decided if I want to keep it in permanently during the school year, because I'm always transporting people, and that would limit me to 1 passenger.
I've also been tossing ideas around for building a C Pillar wall and sealing that off. Should move a bit more air and do better numbers than my current setup.
So many thoughts, so little time and money haha

Something that might help your score is re-bassing that song. You can see that at one frequency (second highest pitch) the score gains immensely compared to the other ones, so by replicating that you should be able to acheive your goal.

Yeah I've considered that.

All in all, if I had any idea I was going to be metering, I could've picked a better song lol.

I knew there would be a meter at the "competition", but thought it would be only for competitors. When the guy opened it up to anyone with a vehicle using it, I knew I had to hop on there and see what happened :P

sometimes less is more, i really bet the height of that enclosure being so clos to the roof was hurting your score.

score isnt the end all of this though. if you learned anything while building it, and you like how it sounded, thats all that matters.

It's definitely a possibility. But I learned a ton about box building, so for me the experience alone was worth it. Plus it's pretty sweet to retain those back seats.
This weekend I'll have the 4th order wall in (not sealed) and see how that is. Haven't decided if I want to keep it in permanently during the school year, because I'm always transporting people, and that would limit me to 1 passenger.
I've also been tossing ideas around for building a C Pillar wall and sealing that off. Should move a bit more air and do better numbers than my current setup.
So many thoughts, so little time and money haha

i dont care to transport people around, waste of my gas.

Fall break just started, and my JS Ultimates alt arrived right on time. Just under 2 weeks from order time till it arrived.

My first time installing a new Alt, and it went pretty well. Only took about 30 minutes.

The customer rep told me to get a 1" shorter belt, so I did, but it was too small. Turns out the OEM serpentine belt was the perfect size.

v2gweRql.jpg

Stock 105A alt on the left, 270A JS Ultimates on the right.

88QkMqil.jpg

All installed. You can see my crappy 4 GA power run as well :P

That's the next thing I'll be replacing. Big 3 in 2/0 welding, then running it throughout the whole car.

Voltage is already much much better with the new alt.

Old one idled at 14.4V - 14.6V. New one idles at 14.8V - 15.0V

Old one would drop into 10V's under load. Lowest I've seen so far is 12.4V on the new one.

Quick video:

Just realized I filmed it holding the camera the wrong way. Whoops.

If your worried about messing up interior by selling off y not just get another set from a scrapyard. Should only be a few hundred bucks for most of the interior panels.

If your worried about messing up interior by selling off y not just get another set from a scrapyard. Should only be a few hundred bucks for most of the interior panels.

I'll see how it sounds and moves air unsealed, and then decide if it's worth it for me to seal it.

I have no intent to ever compete, so it's likely it'll be good enough for me unsealed.

Thats a big box! Nice job

Thanks :) I'm real happy with how it's all gone for a first build
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spent a couple more hours working, and got the entire 2/0 power run in and pulled out the old power.
Funny thing. I always thought it was 2 gauge OFC, and it turns out it was 4 gauge CCA. So this upgrade should make an even bigger difference than I thought
hVa2c9Pl.jpg

Here's a little intermediary pic:

Jy7idi4l.jpg

Kept the first power wire in there so I could use it to guide the 2/0. Routing it in through the firewall only took about 3 minutes doing it that way.

Then I spent a couple hours swapping amp locations, etc.

It's now pretty dark and I started to make mistakes, so I'm calling it a night. Hoping to finish all the wiring, test voltage again, and then go ahead and put the new wall in.

Did i read your measurements right and the bottom of your port is 2.5" away from the bottom of the box?

That's correct.

Would you have done more room?

I feel like having such little space between the bottom and port would be choking it, but I kind of haphazardly came up with the design as a first box.

So no I didn't read them right! lol

however I think you are changing something about the port tuning if the opening in to the box isn't the same size as the port itself.

Overall build looks really good though!

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

So no I didn't read them right! lol

however I think you are changing something about the port tuning if the opening in to the box isn't the same size as the port itself.

Overall build looks really good though!

No you were correct. I did my math wrong when I responded at first.

it's 24" from top to bottom including 1.5" of baffle. And there's 20" depth of port from the first baffle. So yeah 2.5" total from the bottom of the box.

What do you mean if the opening to the box isn't the same size? I think it is the same size, but I could be wrong and/or misunderstanding you.

Thanks for the kind words :) I was extremely surprised at how good everything has turned out so far

Archived