[Final Update 6/6] 99 S-10 Blazer Build - Lots of setups

Oh shit, didnt even know you were here in Wisconsin! I see you know Terry Hazleton. Just noticed the sticker. Small world

I've never met Terry, but he's the guy who built the box :)

I bought it from Jeremy.

Drove 6 hours each way to get it haha

Yeah Terry is good shit. Makes some really solid boxes. A teammate of mine just bought a wall from him for 16 12's to put on his crossfire 8k.

awe man. I was trying to buy that wall lol :P

$100 or $200 it sold for on the facebook group

I was all over it and getting ready to make the trip, but before he could get back to me with the dimensions, it was gone.

Really small world

Did a little bit of sidegrading/upgrading lately.

Acquired a SoundQubed 2200 and Q4-90.

Was able to get them both successfully hooked up today, and I must say that I am definitely impressed.

Since I don't meter, I'm unsure of any actual quantitative gains from the swap, but according to my ear-o-meter, it was a real noticeable improvement.

Some pictures of the new toys:

rzsh9TUl.jpg

5U4WUJPl.jpg

The difference between the 4 channels is completely ridiculous. With all the doors open, it feels like standing at a concert:

Really impressive for $70 worth of highs and mids + a $100 amp.

and I'm already planning to improve the front stage some more :)

Haven't done much because I've been busy with school.

But I found a post on a local facebook audio group that I couldn't pass up.

Two SSA Xcon 18"s.

stmYeNzl.jpg

tmOT7J8l.jpg

Currently working on a new box design. Torn between C-Pillar or a similar box to my current one for four 15s.

Small update today.

I've been spending a lot of time trying to decide if I should keep my current 15s setup, put my two new Xcon 18's in a C Pillar wall, or buy another two Xcon's and just flat wall 4 of them.

Either way, it's been consistently in the 30s - 40s temperature wise here, so I think most of my building is over until Spring or Summer.

I picked up another SQ2200, so hopefully soon I'll get that wired in and see if I notice a difference.

Anyways, today I had a spur of the moment idea to mount a voltmeter, so in about 30 minutes I got it all taken care of:

JCYC3fol.jpg

CjrdlOsl.jpg

Replaced the rear windshield wiper button and hatch button.

I haven't had a rear windshield wiper in months, because the vibrations killed it. Similarly, my rear hatch actuator went out. So I pretty much lost nothing, and gained a voltmeter :)

It also has a switch below it to turn it on and off, in case I ever get sick of looking at it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it looks like plans have changed some more.

I thought the re-build was going to be postponed until Spring, but I ended up selling some stuff, getting some good deals, and will be rebuilding hopefully over Christmas Break. (December 21 - January 3rd).

I sold the four 15s and the box, and decided on a similar box design for the two SSA Xcon 18"s:

L8yHZTZl.png

I had some people go over my last box, and my specs were way off. We went over this design together and it looks much better.

44.25" wide x 31.25" deep x 25" tall (1" taller than my previous box)

7" wide x 25" long x 20" deep for the port (175 square inches of port, 34hz tuning).

15.8025 cubes gross, should be about 13.2 cubes net.

4.25" of distance between the end of the port and the bottom of the box.

I threw one of the Xcon's in a sealed box on an SQ2200 @ 2 ohms for now (wiring is temporary, thus the mess)

VVObq4Ll.jpg

Gotta say this setup is super musical. It is SOOOO nice to be able to listen full tilt and hear something other than the roof slapping around.

To address the roof slapping, I went ahead and ordered 120' ft of Second Skin Damplifier with their 30% off Black Friday discount:

p5bTCVJl.png

And after talking with Ty a lot, I was persuaded to pick up some SQ Pro Audio Highs and Mids (and some personal goodies):

tKu4FHTl.png

I was planning to run one 6.5" in each door (front/rear), but I think now I'll learn to fiberglass, and put two 6.5" in each front door, the tweeters in the A-Pillars, and then run the current dash and rear door speakers off my HU.

I'm also looking to pick up an SQ3500 here sometime, a G34 Duracell AGM for under the hood (I've got a crappy valuecity sealed acid one in there now that I am pretty sure is dying on me) and another G31 for in the rear, below the sub box.

A new head unit is also being considered since I'm basically gonna gut the car and re-do everything.

Looking good!

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Archived