[Final Update 6/6] 99 S-10 Blazer Build - Lots of setups

You are welcome!

so the port width is 6.5" but there is only 2.5" of clearance from the end of the port to the back of the box. does that make more sense?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

You are welcome!

so the port width is 6.5" but there is only 2.5" of clearance from the end of the port to the back of the box. does that make more sense?

I think I'm following, but how does that make the opening different than the port size? I must still be a little confused.

Nice man! Love seeing other blazer builds. How many cubes is that box?

Thanks! I took a lot of inspiration from your build.
I had purchased a SQ Q4-90 and SQ3500.1, but decided I didn't want to do extra runs of wire, and also didn't want to spend money on additional batteries. So I'm just using my child's play Hifonics :P
The box should be 16 cubes gross, 13.44 cubes net. If I did my math correctly.

You are welcome!

I think I'm following, but how does that make the opening different than the port size? I must still be a little confused.

Your port size is the same all the way through, your port clearance (where the port ends and the next surface starts) needs to be the same as the width of your port.

*Edit: I think this is true anyway. I could be wrong!

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Awesome! Im trying to figure out how to squeeze two 18's behind the back seats. Love the use of space to get that big of a box

Definitely check out the logs by SoCalBaMF and Carnag3 that I listed in my original post.

They both did two 18"s back there :)

Your port size is the same all the way through, your port clearance (where the port ends and the next surface starts) needs to be the same as the width of your port.

*Edit: I think this is true anyway. I could be wrong!

Oh, so you're saying I should have at least 6.5" (same as my width) between the bottom of the port and the bottom of the box?

---------------------------

Also, anyone know how to quote JUST the last person's post?

I don't want all these long quote posts of an entire conversation between myself and you guys. It seems redundant

Spent probably another 8 hours working on it today.

Finished the big 3 in 2/0. Replaced all the 4 gauge CCA with 2/0 welding wire.

gLTZV0Al.jpg

Voltage went waaayyyy up. I was extremely surprised:

(evidently the iPhone 7+ can't handle vibration well...)

So to recap electrical phases:

1) stock 105A alt, no big 3, 4 gauge CCA everywhere - 10V - 13.5V under load (14.4-14.6V idling with everything off).

2) H/O 270A alt, no big 3, 4 gauge CCA everywhere - 12.5V - 14.5V under load (14.6 - 14.8V idling with everything off).

3) H/O 270A Alt, big 3 done in 2/0 welding, 2/0 welding everywhere in car - 13.5V - 15V under load (14.8V - 15.0V idling with everything off).

Then I'll just leave these little teaser pics here.

XsngYVHl.jpg

mDTDsDAl.jpg

That looks like a wall to me... What do you guys think?

No updates in awhile, it's been a super busy week with school exams and stuff.

Last weekend we ended up getting the "wall" put in, but it was late and I didn't have much time to test.

Then I had to go all week without demo'ing because I couldn't find a suitable area, and no friends or family would come near the car because it was "too loud".

Anyways, some pics of the wall going in:

I11PGO8l.jpg

Mom had to grab some shots of me crawling in there to install the woofers:

EOx7axAl.jpg

Had to use a piece of MDF as a little ramp, since the box weighs an incredible amount

VuUKukrl.jpg

H3ZIasXl.jpg

The rear end sagged 2.75" after we put that box in there haha.

i49zxEml.jpg

Finally got some time to demo it this weekend, and I was pretty impressed.

For not being sealed, and only having a single Hifonics Brutus 3k, it moves a decent amount of air:

------------------------------------------

However, with being in college, I often transport a ton of people and stuff around, so the walled life isn't the life for me currently.

Ended up ripping it all out, painting my old box for the setup behind the rear seats, and will be reinstalling it:

IBwLRX0l.jpg

The wall will be going back up for sale, and hopefully someone else can enjoy it.

Sometime in the future I would like to upgrade to a Tahoe and do a 4th order C Pillar build, so I can keep the seats. For now, I'll just keep puttering around with this little setup.

Bummer to see the wall pulled back out. Looks like it had some great potential. If you were local id buy the box just to play around with. Paint on the new box looks great

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Bummer to see the wall pulled back out. Looks like it had some great potential. If you were local id buy the box just to play around with. Paint on the new box looks great

I'll probably be up near Wausau around Christmas time if you want it ;)

It was actually made by All Walled Audio in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. That's where I went and picked it up from.

Yeah it seems like if I had sealed it off and added some real power, it could've been a beast.

But I am always transporting people or stuff, so it just isn't viable right now.

And thanks, the paint is just $6 truck bed-liner lol. Super easy.

--------------------------------

Also, some more videos from the wall days:

I was really surprised to see that this setup flexed the roof WAYYYYY more than port up, subs up...

and a fun pic of the only room in the car when I had a passenger:

LYRiecel.jpg

Archived