[Final Update 6/6] 99 S-10 Blazer Build - Lots of setups

Just a little update here.

3 of my 4 C418s have shown up, and my AQ 90.4. Still waiting on another C418 and the two 3500s.

xDiNuKrl.jpg

I'm really loving the looks of these carbon caps lol. And the guy says with these PSI recones they're rated for 4k RMS each, so I probably can't even tickle them.

In order to test all of them, I did some free air, each time on my two 2200s strapped @ 2 ohms:

My dad also fixed my "broken" 2200!

I e-mailed and talked to some amp repair guys, and the mean quote was $160 + shipping to repair it.

So as you guys saw, my solution was just to buy an entire new (to me) amp from that guy. But my dad finally convinced me to let him take a look at the board, and found the most simple fix ever.

The RCA inputs (yeah all 3 of them), had come completely loose and just needed a gentle push to work again!

After doing that, we tested the amp and it works flawlessly again lol.

Damn, nice fix, lucky haha

moves some air!

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

On 4/9/2017 at 6:33 AM, Karkov said:

Damn, nice fix, lucky haha

moves some air!

Rest assured, my luck ran out quite quickly after the amp fix lol?

0o1fxdjl.jpg

Thinking I may try trading my dual 270s for a single 370 once the JS one gets back from warranty repair. I've not been having good luck at all since the install was completed..

Sorry to hear about losing a belt. Although, theres a 99% chance its a simple alignment issue. You should have all pulleys aligned to within a half rib/tooth (say, 1mm or less offset). I hope you dont give up on all that power. I wish i had the room for a second alt!

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

oh damn...well get it taken care of long term i guess, could have been worse, still sucks tho

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

1 hour ago, WalledSonic said:

Sorry to hear about losing a belt. Although, theres a 99% chance its a simple alignment issue. You should have all pulleys aligned to within a half rib/tooth (say, 1mm or less offset). I hope you dont give up on all that power. I wish i had the room for a second alt!

I'm pretty sure it's the fault of my JS alt. I called them up and explained what happened and how the pulley isn't turning easily, and they agreed that they think it's the root cause.

So hopefully I'll get it back and be all set lol. There are always more unexpected circumstances in this hobby!

34 minutes ago, Karkov said:

oh damn...well get it taken care of long term i guess, could have been worse, still sucks tho

Yep, moved past and learned a little.

Been a super busy day. Got done with school for the week and headed home. Voltage was low (around 13.8V) the entire ride, with the stereo completely off. Belt was squealing like mad.

Got home, took out the JS Alt, packaged it and shipped it back to them. Hooked up the single 270a Mechman, and voltage is still low (13.8V). Looks like I may have to send that one in too.

Anyways my last C418 showed up, as did the 3500s. UPS absolutely did a piss poor job with these.

CGWHTJql.jpg

The 3500s were thrown in one box, together, with no separation, and PACKING PEANUTS. So of course they were banging around on eachother all ride, resulting in one of them having some pretty serious cosmetic damage (they were 9/10 cosmetically in the pics the guy sent before shipping)

Luckily they still work as intended, one of them just looks crappy.

ieobY9Il.jpg

Similarly, the C418 was packaged in one box, with peanuts, which obviously did nothing. It looked like the box was dropped, and there is chipping on the magnet, plus a weird high pitched rubbing sound:

WeniuYbl.jpg

It sounds like packing peanuts rubbing, but I have used two air compressors now to try sucking and blowing every crevice in the subwoofer, and haven't had any luck stopping that rattle.

So I'm currently working with the seller and UPS to see what type of refund arrangement we can get for this mess.

I've decided I'm done messing with dual alternators, so I'll be trading my bracket setup on Sunday.

One positive thing is that my amp collection is looking pretty cool!?

SOvzzzPl.jpg

I've now got:

• 3x SQ 2200
  • 2x AQ 3500 (single input)
  • 1x SQ 120.4
  • 1x SQ 90.4
  • 1x AQ 90.4

I'm also probably going to pick up two Obsidian 18s tonight since they're dirt cheap, and then probably get one of my old dual 18" boxes back.

Thinking my next move will be two C318s, and a single 370a alt from Custom Electric (Jonathan Patrick)

That sucks about the packaging issues.

2000 Toyota Solara SEV6, 200 amp alternator, Jensen VX7020, Hifonics American Warrior Taurus X, Hifonics American Warrior Centurion X, JBL Club 6500C, Power Acoustik XP2K-4102, Coustic Power Logic HT-612 in a BP4.

Damn, yea, I hate ALL shipping companies because of this, over and over, and over, and over, and over...oh you get the point

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Archived