CE Auto Electric Supply

Maybe, I am a little confused. You said everything was in the first post that we needed but in later posts you seemed to say that there was some outside testing needed.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

He wants people to be proactive and test the hypothesis.

someone take a multimeter out to their car, disconnect an accessory from power (like your headlights or radio dome lights, etc.), connect the multimeter in series from the accessory to the power wire you disconnected. turn the accessory on, but not your car; measure current. now turn the car on, and measure current. your voltage just spiked up 1 volt at minimum, did the current increase as well?

That's what I would do. Maybe that's not where he was going with it, but that's all I can think of at the moment. keep it simple.... ;)

P = I*V.

Power = Current x voltage

This is important and was neglected in the first post. Snafu, can you rehash your hypothesis and include the power/load condition?

"accessories being run from it either run optimally or less than optimally."

Also, define optimally.

Shadetreemechanic mentioned the amps differ between two voltage ratings on a particular 3 phase motor. But that nameplate is based on its nameplate power capability. If the motor is rated at 100HP, but the driven load is 110HP, the amps at a particular voltage will increase by 10%. By the same token, if you run the 100HP motor at 100HP, but decrease the voltage by 10%, then amps will increase by 10% to match the requirements of the load. This is why a motor rated for 230/460V (and 230/460V only) wont last very long at 208V... The amps, and therefore heat, increase, and that decreases the life of the insulation.

Edited by mcanderson0

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

You don't want to just find the answer, you want to experience the answer. By living with the answer, becoming one with the answer you will not only be transformed into an electrical guru, but your electrical knowledge will actually become an extension of your being, it becomes part of you. We must give our lives wholly to the process and have faith in father ohm.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

He wants people to be proactive and test the hypothesis.

Bingo!

P = I*V.

Power = Current x voltage

This is important and was neglected in the first post. Snafu, can you rehash your hypothesis and include the power/load condition?

"accessories being run from it either run optimally or less than optimally."

Also, define optimally.

Actually, this is exactly the kind of thinking that I was looking for. So, you actually did have enough information in the OP to get here. Well done.

You don't want to just find the answer, you want to experience the answer.

Yep! Precisely!!

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

Now I get it. You provided everything needed to test the theory in the first post. Sorry man, I feel kinda dumb now that it hit me exactly what you want.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

The momentum here was lost. I'm trying something new here in an effort that those that follow this thread may learn something that otherwise would have not been learned. It's not about me asking a question and then giving you the answer. It's not about looking the answer up in the back of the book before you do the problem. It's about solving the problem to the best of your ability and whether you get it right or wrong you learn something in the process.

If I give you the answer, nobody benefits. Still want the answer?

i'm still not clear on what exactly we are trying to prove or disprove.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Prove or disprove Ohms law.

Resistance stays the same. if your voltage is 12.6vdc, and current is .00126A, given a 10K ohm resistance, if your voltage increases, does your current?

i think this is like when people say higher voltage amplifiers use less current than lower voltage ones. Likewise, its common that people say when your voltage drops your amplifier draws more current to compensate.

So if someone could show this in a controlled environment that would be cool.