Sign in to follow this  
meade916

Results for the Recent SMD Subwoofer/Custom Ported Box giveaway! Congrats to the winner It's shipped! (Pics inside!)

Thanks Steve, tracking shows it will be here tomorrow 10/13/16 that's awesome(shipped 10/11/16), I was thinking maybe next week but 3 days you guys rock! My dad is big on electronics not so much car audio and he's more excited than I am to see your quick release. Keep up the good work.

We better get some vids of it in action.

Most definitely, I just found an amp to push it, gonna placed the order Friday.

How's this look it's the best I can do on a budget http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_67935_Hifonics-Brutus-BRX2000.1D.html

• Like 3

Brian built the fuck out of that box! Damn does that bitch look sexy. He is one of the few people that I would let build an enclosure for me that I would actually be proud running in my personal vehicle. Nice work!

Also that sub is a beast Meade. I am impressed that you were able to get that much of a woofer at the price point you are offering it at. Congrats on the line and hopefully you sell them all out!

• Like 1

Thanks again for all the stuff you do for forum members.

Brian did an awesome job for sure, all I want to know is if he's gonna buy the neighbors kids new pool noodles to replace the ones he stole to ship that with?

LOL

I buy them at the family owned hardware store in town, they want $4 each for them but I usually get them for $2.50 each since I buy so many every couple weeks and end up with a trunk full.

Havent really found anywhere online to beat that price after shipping that have all noodles round and all the same length and not mixed styles like the gear shape, wavy, or assorted lengths. :(

It takes a while to package boxes up with big thick plastic bags covered in tape to protect the box from water, taping on the noodles, then wrapping it in a couple layers of cardboard which is again covered in tape, and Im sure cost a little more then just wrapping the thing in bubble wrap and calling it good. But I seen other people ship that boxes that way and what always ends up the the corners.

I havent had a major issue yet, knocks on wood.

Here it is in the Tahoeimage_url-148471-1476387692.jpgIt arrived in bulletproof packaging literally took me 30 minutes to open it, I'm gonna borrow my buddies Orion HCCA 5000.1D till my amp gets here. I will post some vids later.

• Like 11

Here it is in the TahoeIt arrived in bulletproof packaging literally took me 30 minutes to open it, I'm gonna borrow my buddies Orion HCCA 5000.1D till my amp gets here. I will post some vids later.

i don't know how much power that (actually) is, but i HIGHLY do not recommend putting a 5,000 watt amp on this sub. It's a 1500w sub. It will not be a good outcome.

but glad it showed up! hope you like it!! B)B)

• Like 1

Here it is in the Tahoeimage_url-148471-1476387692.jpgIt arrived in bulletproof packaging literally took me 30 minutes to open it, I'm gonna borrow my buddies Orion HCCA 5000.1D till my amp gets here. I will post some vids later.

:yahoo::rofl::yahoo::rofl::yahoo::rofl::yahoo:

Here it is in the TahoeIt arrived in bulletproof packaging literally took me 30 minutes to open it, I'm gonna borrow my buddies Orion HCCA 5000.1D till my amp gets here. I will post some vids later.

i don't know how much power that (actually) is, but i HIGHLY do not recommend putting a 5,000 watt amp on this sub. It's a 1500w sub. It will not be a good outcome.

but glad it showed up! hope you like it!! B)B)

If its the new style 5000.1d they claim 5480rms on their site, but when you open their PDF file it claims they have CEA ratings of 4000rms

If its the older style 5000 is like 2000rms because they were sold as PEAK wattage.