WinISD

Colby88

First thing, make sure you are running the newest version of WinISD, its easier to use. You can get it here: http://www.linearteam.org/download/winisd-07x.exe

When looking at the Rear Port - Air Velocity graph ideally you want to keep port velocity below 22 m/sec, this isn't always possible though. You really don't want it to go above 32 m/sec, at which point you are almost certainly going to have port noise and will be losing quite a bit of output to port compression.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Well on air velocity does this include square port and aero ports?

Either, you can get away with SLIGHTLY higher port velocity with aero ports, but if you can keep things down below the numbers I listed above you will be better off.

And I have that program up to date. I got my subs put in and everything looks good but not really sure what a good response is suppose to look like on the magnitude scale.

There isn't really a single right answer for what the graph should look like. If you tell me what subs and box specs you are working with I can see what you are getting.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Hey are PSĮ platform 3 15". 2 of them. They recommend 2.5-5 cubic foot a sub so I'm going around a 8cubic feet box not including displacement. 34hertz if I can. Aero port if possible. I thought it looked good but I wanted to make sure. It didn't look to bad.

Well on air velocity does this include square port and aero ports?

Either, you can get away with SLIGHTLY higher port velocity with aero ports, but if you can keep things down below the numbers I listed above you will be better off.

And I have that program up to date. I got my subs put in and everything looks good but not really sure what a good response is suppose to look like on the magnitude scale.

There isn't really a single right answer for what the graph should look like. If you tell me what subs and box specs you are working with I can see what you are getting.

Archived