WinISD

Colby88

Well with this I can't seem to get the m/s down below 30

A big factor in port velocity is the power you're planning on running on them.
Well I'm trying to push 1500 towards it but every time I put that in the program it shoots up to like 50 m/s and there is nothing I can do

Assuming that everything is entered correctly in WinIsd, it sounds like you're going to have to increase your port area. In doing so you will have to make the port longer in order to keep the same tuning. You may have no choice but to turn it into a slot port. They tend to be easier to incorporate especially when they need to be really long. In the end, this hobby is almost always comprised of compromises. It's rare that you get exactly what you want without having to compromise.

Assuming that everything is entered correctly in WinIsd, it sounds like you're going to have to increase your port area. In doing so you will have to make the port longer in order to keep the same tuning. You may have no choice but to turn it into a slot port. They tend to be easier to incorporate especially when they need to be really long. In the end, this hobby is almost always comprised of compromises. It's rare that you get exactly what you want without having to compromise.

Alright well if I go to slot port everything should work out as long as the m/s is under 20? Correct?

Yeah, as long as it's tuned the same and you take into account for the volume it will take up in the enclosure you should be fine. Just remember to put 45's into the corners of the port to keep the area roughly the same all the way through.

Yeah, as long as it's tuned the same and you take into account for the volume it will take up in the enclosure you should be fine. Just remember to put 45's into the corners of the port to keep the area roughly the same all the way through.

Do you think if I do everything and like send you screenshots or something you can double check and make sure I know if I'm doing it right

Do you think if I do everything and like send you screenshots or something you can double check and make sure I know if I'm doing it right

I can give you a look but you could also just post it in a new thread or this thread and have more people look it over. There are most definitely people on here who know much more than I do and might notice something I would look past but either way, yes I can look at it.

What exactly are you trying to double check? Main things I would look for (at least what I can think of off the top of my head) is, port area being sufficient, bracing, net volume, no large flat surfaces obstructing the subs and/or the port, and actual tuning (is it the same as what you want it to be). That's what I can think of at the moment half asleep at 4:50am my time. I'm sure there's something I'm missing but those are definitely things to keep in mind.

Archived