Internet disconnect help

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Works great and no complaints what so ever.

I use it on my tab and phone and once in a while i'll turn it on on my pc

What internet do you have? What speeds do you get? Did it disconnect before you tried that and now it doesn't?

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I am at a complete loss why would you guys recommend any changes until you have found the issue with his connection? Troubleshooting is a process and making changes before you find the issue is pointless.

Karkov check you modem's logs, the ip for it should be 192.168.100.1 open browser and type that in the address bar, see if it is dropping connection.

Link the line quality test from dslreports.com. TOOLS>LINE QUALITY

The speed test you linked shows you having to re-transmit a lot of data... 6 and 7%

ok, hold....

EDIT #1

5540195_zps3zepah7q.png

EDIT #2

Doing the line quality thing now, it didn't even want to do it, there is an option to "Do it anyway" so i chose that, said 4 minutes to complete so I'll be back..."

I should add, when i do pingtest.net my packet loss won't even complete because it's so horrible and i always get an F

EDIT #3

When i type that IP into web address it only shows "System" tab, all 3 other tabs say "this feature is not enabled"

EDIT #4

I have lived in this house since 1993 and have switch internet providers ever so many years. There is only 2 in this town i think, DSL and this cable one I currently have. I have had them in the past trench in new cable to my house because i had issues back then. I am think my problem is something else related then. Are there like "ports" I can open to make sure everything is flowing or is that only with routers?

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I was recommended them by a fellow gamer and just got a one month sub and liked it a lot and just got a yearly after the one month was up.

You could have something as simple as a program not playing well on your pc or something else going on which could be in the modem itself or something in between.

Have you tried resetting the modem?

What modem do you use?

Do you have a smart tv/ dvd player/ roku or other device attached to the modem?

If you have a smart anything or roku or something else, you can go to VUDU's app and do a speedtest with that and see if it has a problem also.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

It looks like you have a 250GB data cap with mediacom. You just got a new PC and probably had to download a bunch of stuff... I bet you are close to that cap, I would definitely check. lol... World of Warcraft was a 100GB file on my PC right before I deleted it a few days ago, so probably a 60-70GB download while it's compressed.

Recently some updates between Nvidia and Windows 10 caused a loss of my LAN port. Luckily my motherboard has a WiFi adapter and I could connect still. I had to load up all of my motherboard drivers from the manufacture website and I also took it a step further and flashed my motherboard BIOS to the latest version... Seemed to fix my issue. I would recommend driver updates be a top priority, especially since you are running the X99 chipset.

Your situation is a bit different. Not really sure how much experience you have with this, but I would start troubleshooting from the command prompt. You can do trace routes to youtube to see if you have a lot of packet loss for info to help the service provider troubleshoot your issue. But your best bet is to contact your service provider and tell them you have an intermittent connection when you have the connection under full load. The service provider should be able to see if they are losing sync with the modem for any period of time... Sometimes you can find that information in the modem firmware, if you have access to it.

I was recommended them by a fellow gamer and just got a one month sub and liked it a lot and just got a yearly after the one month was up.

You could have something as simple as a program not playing well on your pc or something else going on which could be in the modem itself or something in between.

Have you tried resetting the modem?

What modem do you use?

Do you have a smart tv/ dvd player/ roku or other device attached to the modem?

If you have a smart anything or roku or something else, you can go to VUDU's app and do a speedtest with that and see if it has a problem also.

I listed my Modem above. Yes, I have reset modem, even moved my whole computer set up to different leve of the house yesterday (different reasons) but same BS with inter connection. I have nothing else smart hooked to modem, just one single PC. This PC...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/206694-new-computer-build-9-24-2016/

154234803.png

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

It looks like you have a 250GB data cap with mediacom. You just got a new PC and probably had to download a bunch of stuff... I bet you are close to that cap, I would definitely check. lol... World of Warcraft was a 100GB file on my PC right before I deleted it a few days ago, so probably a 60-70GB download while it's compressed.

Recently some updates between Nvidia and Windows 10 caused a loss of my LAN port. Luckily my motherboard has a WiFi adapter and I could connect still. I had to load up all of my motherboard drivers from the manufacture website and I also took it a step further and flashed my motherboard BIOS to the latest version... Seemed to fix my issue. I would recommend driver updates be a top priority, especially since you are running the X99 chipset.

Your situation is a bit different. Not really sure how much experience you have with this, but I would start troubleshooting from the command prompt. You can do trace routes to youtube to see if you have a lot of packet loss for info to help the service provider troubleshoot your issue. But your best bet is to contact your service provider and tell them you have an intermittent connection when you have the connection under full load. The service provider should be able to see if they are losing sync with the modem for any period of time... Sometimes you can find that information in the modem firmware, if you have access to it.

Well when I used to get close to cap it would display on my browser that I was at 75% or whatever and I haven't seen that since I had roomates. I will continue to monitor though and hopefully that's the case so maybe I will get extremely lucky and this will be better next month, LOL. =)

Yea, i do try and continue to make sure I have latest drivers for everything but I will check again. Thanks!

I am too noob to do command promt, i have tried but it seems I always type the wrong thing and don't get anywhere with it, if its what i think it is...IDK....I only know enough about computers to be "dangerous" as the saying goes.... I *DO* have packet loss....

154234803.png

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

I am at a complete loss why would you guys recommend any changes until you have found the issue with his connection? Troubleshooting is a process and making changes before you find the issue is pointless.

Karkov check you modem's logs, the ip for it should be 192.168.100.1 open browser and type that in the address bar, see if it is dropping connection.

Link the line quality test from dslreports.com. TOOLS>LINE QUALITY

The speed test you linked shows you having to re-transmit a lot of data... 6 and 7%

Does this link work?

http://www.dslreports.com/pingtest/a6996c428cb3/3399522 =line quality test thing

"target IP does not respond to ICMP ping"

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

I'm trying guys, I'm trying, lol

Is that everything or did I miss something? I can try that DSN change thingy before I pay for that one site....

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Well when I used to get close to cap it would display on my browser that I was at 75% or whatever and I haven't seen that since I had roomates. I will continue to monitor though and hopefully that's the case so maybe I will get extremely lucky and this will be better next month, LOL. =)

Yea, i do try and continue to make sure I have latest drivers for everything but I will check again. Thanks!

I am too noob to do command promt, i have tried but it seems I always type the wrong thing and don't get anywhere with it, if its what i think it is...IDK....I only know enough about computers to be "dangerous" as the saying goes.... I *DO* have packet loss....

154234803.png

Well, that tests ping and jitter. It's not showing packet loss. You can sometimes improve on those by getting a newer or better modem... sometimes it's just the physical line coming to your property that needs some grooming. Especially if it's DSL service, a lot of companies just use existing land lines that have all kinds of crap in it that are good for increasing voice quality for phone calls but horrible for a internet signal.

Yeah, the command prompt stuff isn't exactly needed... It's just an advanced tool to help you direct the ISP in the right direction and tell them it's their equipment that is faulty and not yours.

Man... I feel bad for you. $70 a month for that connection is just crazy expensive. This is what I pay $70 a month for:

5757636275.png

Archived