Second Skin Audio

Rockford Fosgate Power hx2 12" box specs

Ferra3904

It's an old sub and at this age of its life the suspension is known to be real soft, sometimes even sag.

For its age i wouldn't give it that much power and I'd go in a smaller box then recomended

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Who's redoing it? Might have new parameters afterwards that you will need to know. What amp? just curious.

I ran those back in the day...and the "power series" before them, and "DVC" before them...

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Exactly what I was going to say next. A recomended changes it completely. Every thing will be different.

Moving mass, material type, voice coil design, xmax, so on and so forth.

It's basically trying to build a box for one sub and drop in a completely different sub in hopes that it will work just as good.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I was going to send it to fix my speaker guys but they never got back to me yet so I might just buy a $75 coil and spider kit and use my cone and surround. Also depending on price for the fix my speaker guys I might just do it myself anyways. I'm no expert by any means so any recommendations as to what type of coil to get or anything in the nature will help. I want to learn more so doing it myself and picking parts to make it suit my needs will help. I've done drop in kits but never did the research to pick specific parts.

Fix my speaker quoted me just over 200 for one of these subs. Drop it kit that they would just send to me and do myself. Then they had a good amount of options to add in.

Power handling would still be 1k rms and I never asked if they had a recomended box size for it after being rebuilt.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Archived