Sundown Audio

Who is using the Soundqubed 7K?

hispls

I wouldn't buy it until I seen it on the dyno. The 2200 doesn't do close to rated power.

That's really good advice. The least you can do is wait until cyber monday. It's not like SoundQubed just won't have a sale.

- 2009 Toyota Matrix Base -

- iPad 64GB -

- miniDSP 2x4 HD -

- PPI Art a200.2 -

- SoundQubed SQ-2200.2 x 2 -

Last year they had a good black Friday weekend sale.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

I looked around and someone mentioned that they rate their amps at clipping instead of before distortion or even at 1% distortion. Just a rumor though, and I sent a message to SQ to update the page and they've generally been great about that kind of thing.

- iPad 64GB -

- miniDSP 2x4 HD -

- PPI Art a200.2 -

I got an email back that says the following:

The numbers are at 1% THD. It is a 7500W amp at 14.4v at 1% and 8k+ at 10%. We saw it at 15% on 16v do 11k.

So there you have it, it makes at least 7500W at 14.4v, so probably 7000 or so on 13.8v.

- iPad 64GB -

- miniDSP 2x4 HD -

- PPI Art a200.2 -

• 2 weeks later...

I looked around and someone mentioned that they rate their amps at clipping instead of before distortion or even at 1% distortion. Just a rumor though, and I sent a message to SQ to update the page and they've generally been great about that kind of thing.

The 3500 is a beast though.

I wouldn't buy it until I seen it on the dyno. The 2200 doesn't do close to rated power.

Still though, even if it's only a 6500 for 1000$. That's MSRP or less than of many other companies' 5K amps.... really even if it's only a beefy 5K that's not a bad price.

I'm more interested in reliability than output, Brazil gives me far more watt:dollar ratio if clamp numbers are my only goal (though I haven't ruled out Brazil). Besides it's not like Qubed is a company that over-rates by double or anything so if it's short of rated it likely won't be by too big a margin.

Anybody ever had to deal with their customer service or warranty? I'm half tempted to take a gamble on a couple but don't want to be stuck with something like RD 3250V2, Diablo, The Fix, or those notoriously flammable CT 7Ks.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived