Splitting high-level input to two amps?

Hey folks. First post here and I love the forum. I am trying to find out if I can run a high-level input from my factory head-unit to two separate amps (i.e. put a T in the head-unit output and run each to a small amp).

I have a Jeep Wrangler JK, and have the top down/doors off a lot. I need to keep the cheap ugly OEM radio for anti-theft reasons. The OEM radio is TERRIBLE, but I am stuck with trying to polish a turd. I also can't have a sub in the back, or someone could just reach in and walk away with it. Everything will look stock when I am done with it.

My plan is have:

2x 3.5" speakers in dash.

2x 5.25" subwoofers in the sealed lower dash pods.

2x 6.5" coaxials in sound bar above my head.

2x bass-shakers in the seats.

and 2x JL HX 280/4 amplifiers hidden under the dash

I need cross overs on each of them, so this is why I need two separate 4-channel amps with high-level inputs.

Thanks for the help!

Why not use a processor? Most are 8 channel out (which is what you would need for two 4-channel amps), and will accept your factory hi-level inputs, negating the need to split or 'T' your HU output.

Plus, you can set the crossover points a little more precisely, EQ, and time alignment, all on the processor. Lots of great features on processors

I have never used one before. Do you have any recommendations for small 8 line processors? Space is the biggest crunch since I have to keep everything hidden.

Are you saying that I could send my 4 high-level outputs to the processor (from the HU), and get out 8 optimized low-level outputs (going to amps)?

Yes, you can do that.

There are a lot out there. Rockford fosgate 3.sixty

Ampere audio

JL

Audison

Helix

Mosconi

Zapco

And a lot more. Just do a search for 8 channel car audio DSP's, and find the one right for you

Archived