08 SILVERADO BUILD (ZAPCO/STEVENS AUDIO)

I also have been in the process of rebuilding my enclosure.  I need a little more output in my life so i am going to run my old 12 in a ported enclosure still keeping it under the rear seat roughly 1.5 net cu ft tuned around 30-32hz.  This is my current progress on my enclosure, using the stack fab method.

20180504_105924_HDR.jpg

20180504_143714_HDR.jpg

20180504_143725_HDR.jpg

20180504_143731_HDR.jpg

20180504_143739_HDR.jpg

Message_1525462863908.jpg

20180504_154146_HDR.jpg

20180504_154151_HDR.jpg

20180504_154158_HDR.jpg

I am also in the process of saving up for new goodies for the truck....performance goodies and possible audio fun.

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, ToNasty said:

Ive been very interested in thr stevens audio comps.  But i havent seen any reviews so i went with audiofrog

I felt the Stevens Audio had a bit more warm natural sound when I heard them in another car that was running an active setup with DSP.  My setup is just a passive network component but the midbass feels strong and not overbearing....currently really dont even need a sub for Blues and Classic rock songs. They really dont miss a beat.  The tweeters are very precise and natural.  I have them running -2db out of the xover and they just sing.  No harshness from passenger or drivers side and can get really loud and still stay true.  I was thoroughly impressed from initial turn on and now have months of listening and still get chills with certain songs.  By far my best set of components to date including a set of Hertz HSK 3 ways and Hybrid Legatia tweeters I had in prior setups.  I dont plan on getting rid of them anytime soon.

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

1 hour ago, Audio-Concepts said:

I felt the Stevens Audio had a bit more warm natural sound when I heard them in another car that was running an active setup with DSP.  My setup is just a passive network component but the midbass feels strong and not overbearing....currently really dont even need a sub for Blues and Classic rock songs. They really dont miss a beat.  The tweeters are very precise and natural.  I have them running -2db out of the xover and they just sing.  No harshness from passenger or drivers side and can get really loud and still stay true.  I was thoroughly impressed from initial turn on and now have months of listening and still get chills with certain songs.  By far my best set of components to date including a set of Hertz HSK 3 ways and Hybrid Legatia tweeters I had in prior setups.  I dont plan on getting rid of them anytime soon.

I came from hybrod audio legatia. But in my new truck wanting to try something differant. Regulat cab silversdo using stock locations. 1 issie i have is the dash area is where i was going to put the tweeters.  We all know how mounting tweeters that fire off the dash sound. It harshens the sound.  Im hoping the audio frogs do me good but if not ill order up the SA.  I did speak with him a little about them though

3 minutes ago, ToNasty said:

I came from hybrod audio legatia. But in my new truck wanting to try something differant. Regulat cab silversdo using stock locations. 1 issie i have is the dash area is where i was going to put the tweeters.  We all know how mounting tweeters that fire off the dash sound. It harshens the sound.  Im hoping the audio frogs do me good but if not ill order up the SA.  I did speak with him a little about them though

That's why I built the pods for my tweeters.  I lose a little bit of stage depth because of location but not enough that it bugs me.  Have you thought of building a pod for yours?  Even up front on the dash you could build a pod in the corners.  I've thought of doing that and using some high powered magnets to hold the pods in place so not to drill holes.  The cover pieces I built mine off of are only like 15 bucks my cost...so I wasn't worried about them.

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

1 minute ago, Audio-Concepts said:

That's why I built the pods for my tweeters.  I lose a little bit of stage depth because of location but not enough that it bugs me.  Have you thought of building a pod for yours?  Even up front on the dash you could build a pod in the corners.  I've thought of doing that and using some high powered magnets to hold the pods in place so not to drill holes.  The cover pieces I built mine off of are only like 15 bucks my cost...so I wasn't worried about them.

I dont have thr knowledge to build pods and i was hoping to keep everything stock looking as the truck is still "new" 

11 minutes ago, ToNasty said:

I dont have thr knowledge to build pods and i was hoping to keep everything stock looking as the truck is still "new" 

Ahhh gotcha.  Makes sense.  A good way to help with the reflection you'll get is by putting a dash mat on the dash.  That will absorb the reflection with out hurting output

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

2 minutes ago, Audio-Concepts said:

Ahhh gotcha.  Makes sense.  A good way to help with the reflection you'll get is by putting a dash mat on the dash.  That will absorb the reflection with out hurting output

Ive thought about that but a dash mat will look ugly as hell in the truck. I may trythe tweeters in the sail panel and stick some sort of 2 or 2.5" fullrange in the dash.  I know i say i want simple but you know how that goes

7 minutes ago, ToNasty said:

Ive thought about that but a dash mat will look ugly as hell in the truck. I may trythe tweeters in the sail panel and stick some sort of 2 or 2.5" fullrange in the dash.  I know i say i want simple but you know how that goes

If you run a fullrange you may not need a tweeter.  Ive seen a lot of setups that way.  Then you can put them in those removable panels right above the door panels.

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Archived