08 SILVERADO BUILD (ZAPCO/STEVENS AUDIO)

To Nasty is talking about the D.O.D system , they make a cancellation module and it’s the smartest thing You can do to any Chevy, I’ve seen many GM’s needing engines because of the D.O.D system. Over time when it’s turning off cylinders it’s creating a vacuum on the dead cylinders and over time makes the rings roll up causing oil consumption and scaring on the cylinder walls. Seen it happen as low as 50k on the truck. 

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

1 minute ago, Ron36 said:

To Nasty is talking about the D.O.D system , they make a cancellation module and it’s the smartest thing You can do to any Chevy, I’ve seen many GM’s needing engines because of the D.O.D system. Over time when it’s turning off cylinders it’s creating a vacuum on the dead cylinders and over time makes the rings roll up causing oil consumption and scaring on the cylinder walls. Seen it happen as low as 50k on the truck. 

It also makes an annoying "helicopter chop" noise when cruising. Gets super annoying.  And if you dont have it shut off (especially with having headers) youll want to shoot yourself listening to it

16 minutes ago, ToNasty said:

Not flex fuel. I mean afm as in 4 cylinder mode

Anothet thing id do is heat wrap those headers. They are thin so you might hear the lifters.  The wrap may quiet it down

Oh...I had the DOD stuff turned off along with governor and my shift points tightened up and a few other odds and ends.  Truck runs pretty good.  The DOD stuff was useless for me unless I was sitting at a light.  Even cruise control id still be in v8 mode.

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

6 minutes ago, Audio-Concepts said:

Oh...I had the DOD stuff turned off along with governor and my shift points tightened up and a few other odds and ends.  Truck runs pretty good.  The DOD stuff was useless for me unless I was sitting at a light.  Even cruise control id still be in v8 mode.

By the way theres a brand new tru technology billet 2200 on diyma for 600 bucks. Somewhat local to me.  Might have to buy it just becsuse :)

Header wrap would be advised, it cheap as shit and works really well. 

IMG_0224_zpsieuqk8je.jpg

IMG_0229_zpsglkhpz78.jpg

IMG_0251_zpsvqxyjwzb.jpg

Tried to wrap them on the block...Nope. Removed system to wrap, was easy and looks good. Helps keep engine bay temps down.

Installed the headers and ypipe this morning.  Took about 4 hours but definitely worth it.  Idle tone is a little louder than what it was...but damn the moment you get on it...she yells at you.  Definitely a fuck load louder.  Now time to save for my cam and dod delete stuff.  Debating on either a TSP torquer 2 or a BTR Stage 4 truck cam.  Both require a stall of at least 2800...so I will prolly do that or upgrade to a mildly built 4l60 from RPM Transmissions.  So enough of the future here are pics from today.

20190105_134132_HDR.jpg

20190105_134125_HDR.jpg

20190105_134121_HDR.jpg

20190105_134145_HDR.jpg

20190105_134139_HDR.jpg

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

looks like I'm gonna have to break down and dual out the Avalanche soon ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

9 hours ago, White Lightning said:

looks like I'm gonna have to break down and dual out the Avalanche soon ...

Look into Speed Engineering.  Kit fit really well.  They make a true dual ypipe full exhaust thats bolts right up to their long tube headers.  If I didnt already have the borla stuff I wouldve gone that route.  They have 2 setups for the exhaust that either dump before the axle or can go full out the back.  Doesnt break the bank either.  My longtubes and ypipe were 415 shipped to my door.  The headers I think are 300 and axle dump is another 250 I think.

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

• 2 weeks later...

Archived