08 SILVERADO BUILD (ZAPCO/STEVENS AUDIO)

i saw that zapco DSP and was like that's not old school! but those amps make up for it thru and thru. just raw a/b power.

Pods came out sweet..I've never sanded past 320 grit .lol

you got to wet sand to at least 600 on anything painted. i sand to 400 on items getting vinyl wrapped.

Hmmm I'll give that a try..it's always came out good with 320 maybe it will be better

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i saw that zapco DSP and was like that's not old school! but those amps make up for it thru and thru. just raw a/b power.

Pods came out sweet..I've never sanded past 320 grit .lol

you got to wet sand to at least 600 on anything painted. i sand to 400 on items getting vinyl wrapped.

Hmmm I'll give that a try..it's always came out good with 320 maybe it will be better

Lol, yeah I needed a decent processor, but didn't want to kill my bank account after dropping 450 on the radio and stuff, so I picked it up for 250 on ebay.

Everything I paint gets sanded in 600 wet, anything I wrap gets sanded in 500, even though 320 is enough.

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

I ran the wires for the mids and tweeters through the factory boots and wired up the tweeters. I will be wiring up the mids when I make the mid baffles. Which will be in the next couple weeks when I build the amp rack and enclosure.

20161210_142031.jpg

20161210_142056.jpg

20161210_152221.jpg

20161210_152922.jpg

20161210_152204.jpg

20161210_152605.jpg

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Those PODS came out real nice. Equipment choice sound make for a nice SQ set up. Tuned in for mids & sub stage.

Thank you!!! Mids are Silver Flutes, I'm making the baffles out of pvc board, and will have the foam baffle kit from mobile solutions. I'm going to use rivnuts for mounting into the door panel. I'm also gonna be deadening the outer shell and back side of trim panel at the same time.

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Those PODS came out real nice. Equipment choice sound make for a nice SQ set up. Tuned in for mids & sub stage.

Thank you!!! Mids are Silver Flutes, I'm making the baffles out of pvc board, and will have the foam baffle kit from mobile solutions. I'm going to use rivnuts for mounting into the door panel. I'm also gonna be deadening the outer shell and back side of trim panel at the same time.

Nice... you can't do enough overkill on the deadening to make them mids shine. The foam baffles are a great system , used them on the Malibu's system, helped those T3's sound great.

oh I'm real jealous of that, it's been on my wishlist for a little while now. I need a workshop :( apartment patio just don't cut it

Now that the drivers are actually in, I can clearly see the angles now. Very nice. Should sound great with minimal time alignment.

Excellent work my brother.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived