Randal's 2002 Ford F150 (daily)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know. Really need to find one in a junk yard to tear apart and not fuck anything up on mine. Wish I had time for fab work ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• 1 month later...

Update ??? Well, I can't. 

I can not access my SMD Garage. It said "file does not exist". 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

• 1 year later...

Small Updates. Nothing special, I mean come on, it's just an ole work truck.

Head Lights !!! You know me, I'm HID / Projector all the way homies !!!

gallery_5_7_90787.jpg

gallery_5_7_25476.jpg

What a Difference !!! Special thanks goes out to Mike Mastin with Hyper Lights for these amazing creatures !!!

BTY, these are custom built and retrofitted.

Every Work truck needs a Head Ache Rack. This Rack and Box was bought for the 97 Chevy (White Lightning) back when it was new. Was taken off for the Bed Cover / Audio upgrades. Seems to be a perfect Fit on this old Ford.

gallery_5_7_8785.jpg

Now I need some Hyper Lights action here !!! Coming Soon guys !!!

Alright Bitches !!! We all know why we are here. AUDIO UPGRADES !!! Trying my best guys.

Please remember, nothing is set in stone and I'm constantly testing and tuning.

Front stage upgrades. This will be eventually a 2 way active front stage 6.5" driver and tweet setup. For now, it's passive. So according to the good ole measuring tape, it all measures out so that I can time align mid and tweet together. Thank God !!!

gallery_5_7_75179.jpg

I know guys, that's not on axis or off axis. Those tweets are on adjustable pedestals and THIS is where the Stage and image sounds best to me. No  "tricking or notch EQ'ing" here. Left and Right separation seems to be Dead on Balls Accurate as is. After a couple of SQ comps, I think the A-pillars will be ready for Fiberglass.

As for the doors. Nice baffle with a 6.5" driver for midbass.

Deadning and MLV ??? As soon as I can afford it guys. Unfortunately, working on a very tight (closer to none at the moment) budget. What can I say, Shit Happens.

Guys, this Dash Mat has got to be one of my BEST purchases for this vehicle. I recommend to all if applicable !!! Makes the Sound, Stage, and Image AMAZING. You can literally tell the difference with this thing on and off !!! A cheap must have for any Audiophile !!!

gallery_5_7_59094.jpg

As for the Smiling Thingy on the mirror ??? Its a dad thing. If you are a father, you will understand.

Someone asking about subs ??? This is still a thought process but I did mock up something to get ideas. Text book or not, I thing it's going in the right direction. I'm just glad it can be stealthy and out of the way because after all, it is a work truck.

Here we Go. A pair of 25+ year old tens in a mock up box that don't seem large enough for a pair of 8" drivers. I didn't think it would work either until I started working with the time alignment.

gallery_5_7_112438.jpg

Like I said, just threw this together. So don't bash me up too bad. it's a work in progress.

gallery_5_7_102141.jpg

This will be pulled out for upgrades as soon as I can get Deadning material.

I have to Delay (time Align) this Damn thing almost 7 feet for it to sound like the bass response was coming from the dash !!! But then again, the enclosure is NOT finished by no means, does not have the correct drivers (using the old ones to test and tune not to damage my new ones), And WAY underpowered until I can build my battery bank and amplifier rack upgrades.

This is NOT a ground pounder and will never will be so I'm not looking for anything close to a 150 db. So I think this setup is going in the right direction for me. Shouldn't be long before I start making trim panels and deciding to paint, cover, or whatever we do to it after the test and tune is done.

Well, that's all for now guys !!! Hope you enjoy. May the Force be with you !!!!

I might have to try the dash pad. I got four 8's to switch out my 15's. I'm either going BP4 or tapped 1/4 wave pipe.

KuEbaSEJ-uoE1LlWDsTQerX4PO1GWtSNPX4i8A44

2000 Toyota Solara SEV6, 200 amp alternator, Jensen VX7020, Hifonics American Warrior Taurus X, Hifonics American Warrior Centurion X, JBL Club 6500C, Power Acoustik XP2K-4102, Coustic Power Logic HT-612 in a BP4.

Nice to see you back at it Randal and posting updates. Miss your advice. Oh and leave it to you to keep it simple but still be killer. 

Archived