DAMAGED Orion HCCA5000.1D HELP PLEASE!!!

Hateblownfets

Maybe amp for amp their power supply is smaller.

Even if that is true, once you take 2 of them your going to be looking at even a larger electrical demand than the orion.

It takes power to make power, so why would you be able to make more wattage with less electrical need.

Doesnt make any sense.

Thanks for your Ideas i appreciate that time and effort you have put in. We had set this setup to be clean on an osilliscope, also ac voltage to the sub terminals so we new we were doing 2200rms to the box. Worse case sceneriio was 160Amp draw that the alternator was putting back into the batteries. We have Extreme Exide 31-MF1100's which are 110Amp Hour. They are no XS power battery, but those 2 along with a NS70MF give us 270Amp hour which I thought was a good start. I checked the starting voltage of the batteries today, an on crank it only drops to 12.35 from 12.45 resting voltage. Charging voltage is a constant 14.4 volts as i have set up a voltmeter directly off the Amplifier positive and negative inputs to amplifier so we always know the exact voltage at the amplifier. My customer never lets it go blew 13.00 volts when driving, he is really good like that and honest. I know he has not clipped the shit out of this, and once again the subs are all fine. No DC output going out to them from this amp, The weird thing is it never pops the main input fuse we have, around 250Amp, it never pops those. If there is a dead short it will always pop that, so its not on the input side is that correct? Lpl is never over half way. cheers, oh the guy that repair amp replace 16 mosfets and rails apparantley.

group 31 for those wondering

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

• 6 months later...

I just had the same exact problem with my HCCA5000.1D. Ive only owned it for a bout 2 weeks. I have oit in a Blazer with a Mechman 370, 6 Group 31 AGMs, and all 2/0 Welding cable. I rarely dropped into the 12s at all. My amp went into protect mode. I reached back and felt the amp. It was cool. I turned my radio off, then back on and heard the fan turn on. I turned up my bass knob and heard a loud pop and saw a spark shoot out of the top left corner of the amp.  I have 2 D1 subs with Voice coils wired in series, speakers wired in parallel. Each coiled ohmed out at .91 and there was a 1ohm final load. My amp was set with a DD-1 and a EQ-1. I was about 1/2 volume as well. My amp still powers on but no sound.

1999 Chevy Blazer LT 4x4 4door

2 Sundown ZV5-15s

Orion HCCA5000.1D

6 Group 31 AGMs with bussbars

Mechman 370 Elite

All 2/0 Welding cable

Pioneer AVH-X5600BHS

When I look at comparable offerings from the other common brands 5k amps with what I presume are Korean roots, (Sundown, DC, etc) I see a lack of power supply transformers on this amp when compared to them.

Again.... I am no expert whatsoever. Just an observation. I know that the guts dont tell it all. I recall being way wrong on my prediction of the output of that Mmats amp on Amp test Tuesday. 

Archived