I have a single sub out from my 80prs.

I am going to be running 2 p1000x1 bd amps to power 2 SSA Xcon's. Would it be better to run to the first amp , and then use the rca pass through to the other amp. Or would it be better to use the two y splitters I have , and split L & R to each amp? Wouldn't splitting allow me to use the T/A function? Pros or cons of either?

Its Bass, use the Pass thru with short RCA's or run y-cables. One is more wiring the other choice is simpler. Dont think you'd notice a different on the RTA. But i could be wrong.

Its Bass, use the Pass thru with short RCA's or run y-cables. One is more wiring the other choice is simpler. Dont think you'd notice a different on the RTA. But i could be wrong.

This is the first system I've had that has time alignment. When I did the auto T/A I only had one amp . The auto t/a tried to delay ,and attenuate the subs even though they were mono . It's easy enough to try it both ways since I have the equipment anyway . I just wondering if someone knew for sure of any reason to , or not to

Using a Y cable to split the signal or pass through from one amp to the other will be the same except for L and R.

But if your running a common style chamber box, or a box with a shared center point splitting up left and right would cause unloading and or phase issues.

Id just use the pass through, that is what they are there for.

When you use any kind of tuning that does it automatically it typically tries to turn the subs down, so its usually best to turn the subs off during that process unless you want them quiet and if thats the case you are kind of defeating the purpose if your adding a second amp.

1234.jpg

Splitting the left and right of the sub out to each amp would allow you to T/A the signal going to each amp, but it's pretty pointless in my opinion. Why T/A a sub stage that is behind you and omnidirectional? And then, if the subs are sharing enclosure air space, the T/A would cause them to not move in phase with each other, which could have negative effects.

Just my thoughts.

Thank you gentlemen. I'll go with the pass through. I'm learning as I go , and I apreciate input from all. There is much experiance on this forum .