Sonic Electronix

Sound deadening question. More deadener or better quality?

sometimes you just have to wait til you get the amountb t do it right the FIRST time.. i agree .. second skin and the other one he said.. may not be my preference BUT it is sil advice from some ono competes ,or has competed.. this game that we are all in is not a cheap one . we all start of basic and progress to where we THINK we should be at but in reality we are all just starting to know stuff . ( for some reason i cant make the words right today , not by me but by this site 0 . but listen to what theyare telling you . with a grain of salt. if somebody with that amount of hitys,comment, admin, what ever is telling you the best way that he has done it (t all are ich here0 and if you listen to them, you may come ut better inthe long run . other than doing ot twice as a lot of others has done,. do it ONCE !.. as a side note. some thing is going opnwith this site as my mispellings acnt be corrected. ... il try another browser but . please get the point..

if my ears dont buzz. you need more ..

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont have to do it all at once, or use your gift card for something else and wait for them to have the black friday / cyber monday sales.

They typically have them every year and its just around the corner man.

They will usually post through out their social media and on this site when they do, also I think they even have a giveaway going on right now unless that has ended already.

Tearing out a cars interior just to use a below average product is not worth it anyway you look at it, your time is worth something even if its not money it could of been spent doing something else instead of redoing something you already once did.

Well I will definitely keep an eye out for some deals and hopefully enter that contest If it hasn't ended yet. Thank you very much for the good advice to just do it once or do it twice.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-2004 Ford explorer

-Pioneer Deh-80prs HU

-4 Rockford Fosgate R1683

-2 Rockford Fosgate P1S4-12 wired to 2ohms

-1 Rockford Fosgate Prime R500-1

-I know it's very basic...

Dont have to do it all at once, or use your gift card for something else and wait for them to have the black friday / cyber monday sales.

They typically have them every year and its just around the corner man.

They will usually post through out their social media and on this site when they do, also I think they even have a giveaway going on right now unless that has ended already.

Tearing out a cars interior just to use a below average product is not worth it anyway you look at it, your time is worth something even if its not money it could of been spent doing something else instead of redoing something you already once did.

Lastly, through what medium do they usually post on their social media? (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, ext.)

-2004 Ford explorer

-Pioneer Deh-80prs HU

Couldnt agree more with Brian here. Ive only used 4 types of deadener. The foil backing, makes it. BIG TIME. Imho.

The only 2 ill ever use, is either second skin, or vibra flex from ampere. From the "other 2" ive used, it basically was a waste of time, for what it did.

Try looking at B stock. I ran it in a build, and was fucking great. I gave zero fucks about a mark on it here or there, or what ever "blemish" was on it.

From my experiance, which isnt much, i really really prefered the second skin for everything, or ampere VF for big boy shit.

Again, the only two ill ever use, unless i find something that does exactly the same thing. Which i havent found, or been turned on to yet.

Floor ripped in a few places. The thick ampere VF layed here, wasnt the easiest to put on, and lay, but, it turned out great using heat.

13570010_918553324920040_712742093_o_zps

13555870_918553288253377_1538546199_o_zp

A quick comparison vid of the VIBRA flex vs , .. i cant even remember, murder mat i think. Also, this is the THICK thick MM option, you could do the thinner, and be fine for doors. We used the heavy shit, for the floor and roof. Shit basically became concrete acting. Worked a dream. Even then, for door, or deck lid applications, id still choose second skin.

Couldnt agree more with Brian here. Ive only used 4 types of deadener. The foil backing, makes it. BIG TIME. Imho.

The only 2 ill ever use, is either second skin, or vibra flex from ampere. From the "other 2" ive used, it basically was a waste of time, for what it did.

Try looking at B stock. I ran it in a build, and was fucking great. I gave zero fucks about a mark on it here or there, or what ever "blemish" was on it.

From my experiance, which isnt much, i really really prefered the second skin for everything, or ampere VF for big boy shit.

Again, the only two ill ever use, unless i find something that does exactly the same thing. Which i havent found, or been turned on to yet.

Floor ripped in a few places. The thick ampere VF layed here, wasnt the easiest to put on, and lay, but, it turned out great using heat.

13570010_918553324920040_712742093_o_zps

13555870_918553288253377_1538546199_o_zp

A quick comparison vid of the VIBRA flex vs , .. i cant even remember, murder mat i think. Also, this is the THICK thick MM option, you could do the thinner, and be fine for doors. We used the heavy shit, for the floor and roof. Shit basically became concrete acting. Worked a dream. Even then, for door, or deck lid applications, id still choose second skin.

Thank you very much for sharing that. I will probably stick with second skin since I'm not really rocking any amazing equipment but that other stuff looks awesome!

-2004 Ford explorer

-Pioneer Deh-80prs HU

Thank you very much for sharing that. I will probably stick with second skin since I'm not really rocking any amazing equipment but that other stuff looks awesome!

If i was you, id look for some second skin for your application. I know your on a budget, soooo, maybe, Look for them to sling some "B" stock. Its cheaper, and does the job just fine. Who gives a fuck if there is a mark on it, or some workers boot print, or what ever reason they label it B stock. Ive ONLY used B stock SS shit, and loved the hell out of it. Sticks like a fucking boss, and puts in work.

DISCLAIMER:

I have 0 ties with any companies, nor do any of them give me free products.

I do not recommend SecondSkin because they are a partner here, I recommend them because they are a better product than the mass majority that are out there, which is why I also mentioned another quality brand but that brand servers a different purpose.

I even won free deadener from them about a year and a half ago when they had a contest and all you had to do was comment in the thread to be entered.

I commented saying cool giveaway or something similar and was not even wanting to enter it but I was one of the winners but I never even accepted because I thought it wasn't fair for a moderator at the time to win and said to select another winner.

I also went to bat for a guy that had some secondskin and he got a partial blank sheet of deadener and they wouldnt replace it (which they state in the description and they try to sort it as best as possible) but this is why its sold as b-stock product..
I got in a lot of trouble for trying to handle it myself to get that person a replacement sheet and even offered to pay for it out of my own pocket because he was not happy.

Turns out the reasons why they wouldnt replace it was because that person never even bought it, he was given it from his buddy that was left over, and it was a 40lb b-stock box.

The guy was trying to pull a fast one, and I fell for it hook line and sinker and made a HUGE full of myself at the same time as getting in trouble.

Again I have no bias opinions or no ties with the company, I am just stating facts and my own personal experiences with a product that has used so many brands, and when it comes to it they are the ones I always go back to.

Archived