94 Suzuki Sidekick JLX (Daughters first vehicle, AGM & big 3 done)

21 minutes ago, Hooah87 said:

That new head unit looks amazing for the price. Pretty decent tuning capabilities for the price also. Might have to look into one of these for my daily driver

Thanks, i try to do my research and on a $100 budget i thought this would do well. Considering i am upgrading a late 90's SuperTuner 3 it will be a night and day difference.

NO Vids guys sorry. Really kinda of a pain in the ass. I did more testing today and i prefer the speakers with woven or paper cones over the Plastic type. The sound is so natural from the Focal, JBL, and even the Faital Pro's.

IMG_2703_zpssmnwmcip.jpg

So i had to hook up the Focal crossover and tweeter to get the whole affect and holy shit these are the Best. Super clean and natural sounding these will really shine in the Malibu.

IMG_2704_zps7rcb0p1i.jpg

So i ditched the CT crossover and used a FR T2 65 comp crossover and it really made the CT 5.25" speaker sound a lot better. I even ran the 4" Faital Pro with the CT tweeter and that combo sounded real nice too. Not  as good as the Focal but a close second or tie with the JBL's. I will not be using the CT sounds crossovers at this point. 

Testing speakers with different type of music trying to test there range. Higher end ones keep shinning in all categories. Where the lower end speakers sound ok on rock, rap,and dance they fall short playing Eagles, Styx and Foreigner, ect.

3 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

NO Vids guys sorry. Really kinda of a pain in the ass. I did more testing today and i prefer the speakers with woven or paper cones over the Plastic type. The sound is so natural from the Focal, JBL, and even the Faital Pro's.

You suck!!! LOL I guess I will just have to install mine and see how they sound damn it.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

I got the  stereo adapter harness and FAST RING kit in today. I plan to solder it up after dinner. Wish my Tesa tape was here. Ordered some off amazon and waiting for that and 5.25" FAST RING set to show up.

So what would be your opinion on running the JBL 4" speakers in the kick on their own channels on  75W @ 4 ohms power? I was thinking this might be a good option for my kick panels in my truck since they have a 1 15/16 mounting depth. Can you do me a favor and measure that the depth would be from the rear mounting ring on the JBL's?

Thanks man.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

They are 1 7/8" and i don't think you want a small coax at your feet. Its a solid mid-range, tweeter driver for up high in a stage imo.

Cool thanks. I should figure out how to get the re xxx to fit.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

So i got called up to work for the week. So build takes another delay but hard to turn down $1300+ dollars for a few days work. Plus Vegas is a moth away so some gambling $ would be good.

I set up my testing area to try the 5.25 for midbass with the 4" & tweeters taking care of the mids & highs. Sounded pretty good for left & right side play like that. Might take the time to wire everything up correctly using  all the speakers i intend to use on this build to see how it will work. Just this temp set up sounded pretty good.

IMG_2706_zpsjetxpe7a.jpg

Oh, the box with the blue led on is a small converter to run the HU for testing. 5 Amp, 60 watt off amazon for $12. 

I love the FAST RINGS advertising......

IMG_2708_zps2scsg2hh.jpg

The Right way......

IMG_2709_zpscdcwmldm.jpg

Well worth the $50 and i got sets for 5.25" & 6.5" Speakers for which ever way i go.

I wish we lived closer to each other. We could get into all kinds of trouble together. lol

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Archived