94 Suzuki Sidekick JLX (Daughters first vehicle, AGM & big 3 done)

Really enjoy following this thread and the write ups on your opinions of the speakers ☺️

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

24 minutes ago, Karkov said:

Really enjoy following this thread and the write ups on your opinions of the speakers ☺️

thanks man, i appreciate the comments. Should be a fun little build.

Tonight's Progress... Wired up HU to RF & CT Sounds crossovers to be able too hook up all the speakers i might use in this build except the JBL's because i wanted to see how the 3-way set up  would sound like. To be honest with crossover set right i can work with this and little  EQ-ing out of vehicle to sound good. 

Excited to see how this goes after listening to this set up on HU power. 

IMG_2713_zpsfzam5k40.jpg

2 hours ago, bsneon98 said:

should be a real nice setup when your done! 

Thanks man, i think so for a 18 yr girl she will have a pretty nice system.

So does putting the speakers on the pad help? 

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

9 hours ago, oldsoundguy said:

So does putting the speakers on the pad help? 

Yes, it absorbs the back wave so all you hear is the front wave. Before the back wave was bouncing off the plastic table and didn't sound as clean. I have the 4" and tweeter playing off 2 different RF crossovers. One is for a T2 comp set and the other for T1 comp set but both for 6.5" comp sets. I just did a test and i can tell a slight difference, the T2's put out more midbass than the T1's. I plan to use the T1's because midrange sounds a tiny bit better plus i will be using amp HP crossover to raise frequency to 150 - 200hz. Which ever sounds better since testing on 15 watts rms on a table will not be the same as the 60 watts RMS the will be getting from the amp. But i think understand how the drivers work  at low rms is helping me with learning process so when i do put them on power installed i will be able tune better and faster. Thats my hope anyway.

So i just spent some time testing speakers. I grabbed the RF Prime 6.5's to try. I ran a side by side comparison to the CT sounds and here is what i am hearing. The RF being a 6.5" gets lower with more out put than the CT Sounds but being a low end RF product the CT sounds driver was cleaner. So i was wishing i had some better drivers around and said fuck it! Pulled the RF T1 6.5" out of the back doors of the Lancer to try.

RF was back in the lead with output, and clarity. Nice low midbass. Makes sense why most of the 3-way component sets have a 6.5" midbass driver. The 4" and 5.25" driver are close enough in size to reproduce the similar sound. But when you swap to the 6.5" driver  it changes the dynamics of the 3-way set up. Hard to explain but you can hear the difference.

And i know these aren't real world test's out of a vehicle, and that eq-ing & tunning can help the 5.25" driver. I believe a 5.25 is a good midrange driver and works in tighter spaces or factory locations where there isn't another option. For those that like it lower and louder 6.5" is a better choice in my opinion.

Half temped to use the T1's but to valuable to me so probably just use the 5.25. All very interesting how each driver is different but when you start putting them together properly it is a sound that is what i am after. This is all very helpfully info for the Malibu build, and tuning the Lancer. But first it will be applied to the SideKick. 

Archived