Sundown Audio

JL Audio 300/4 Low impedance

Bassknucklehead626

I have a JL audio 300/4 I'm looking to install in my Cadillac with stock speakers for now. The front speakers seem to be as low as 1ohm. I know these amps can handle anything as low as 1.5 ohm's so does anyone if they're up for 1 ohm?

>front speakers 1 ohm

>no

What Cadillac is it? Check online and see if anyone else says the same thing. Otherwise you might have a short in the fronts. Also that amp will blow the shit out of the stocks. The stocks in older cars have lower wattage than most new cars do today. The ones in my dad's Durango SLT which came with an extra large stock head unit could only handle 40W max.

Just check to make sure or you could play them for 10 minutes and they fry.

It's a 1997 Cadillac Seville SLS. Thanks I'll look ino it more. I'm not in a position to buy new speakers so I'd thought I could use them for now. So 1 ohm would not work at all?

I found out something. I went and found what the stock impedance is, it's a 2 ohm speaker which for stock I've never seen.

Since it's 2 ohms, you'll actually be okay running that amp with those speakers, so go for it.

However, you WILL BLOW THE STOCK SPEAKERS.

The amp will put out 75W to them, I know damn well they didn't get that from the stock headunit or any headunit. Don't do it. Just get new ones.

Archived