Local shop outrageous quote for custom fab?

Derek217

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For that price you're better off paying for the mobile solutions door panel class so you can build youreself some badass panels

yeah, if it were that simple. $2k for the class, $1k for the table saw, $1k for the router table, bits, blades, filler, resin, glues, etc....

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Local shop here in town quoted me $4500 for fiberglass door panels to house two 6.5 and two tweeters for all four door panels. I know it would be expensive and time consuming...but $4500 worth??? Not in my budget regardless

Should be around 2 grand imo if glassed, body worked, and painted, not 4-5.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Here, the going rate is ~1000-1200 for a pair of doors.

I won't say what I paid for my current doors but I got quoted 700 finished by someone for new ones if I'd like.

Nice. Was that a homie hook up?

Something like that. It was the first set of doors Galen did when he worked with Berger

It was a loaded question :)

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

anyone in here that says $4500 for some door panels is a fair number because its a shop is retarded....there is nothing that would warrant $1125 per door for what OP is asking for...if he wanted something more extreme, then yes that price COULD be justified

personal build in progress

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188656-2013-kia-sorento-6-12-no-wall/

www.facebook.com/TurbulentDesigns

Ray was doing doors for someone, they were amazing when done, i think he charged about 2k per door. It's going to come down to the quality. If they look like the work some guys here do themselves, no offence, but its only worth about $500 per door. If its topnotch amazing work then 4-5k for 4 doors is not out of line.

i would ask for a sketch of what they plan to do and ask to see some of their previous work.

Fasfocus, I didn't disrespect you or the audio shop I talked to. I didn't say the quality was shit. I know it takes time and consideration to work meticulously to do the work but $4k is not worth it to me. I don't demand shit, I didn't insult them, just wanted to know if you guys thought that was a normal quote. If it cost me less than a grand I might consider it to do it myself but if it's still $2k to do it myself I'll find an alternative. And I did ask for a quote for door panels to house (2) 6.5 and (2) tweeters and was quoted $4k. Didn't ask for anything special or hydro dip or etching or anything crazy.

07 Chevy Suburban Lifted

Ground Pounder Build In Progress

Clarion NX706

Ray was doing doors for someone, they were amazing when done, i think he charged about 2k per door. It's going to come down to the quality. If they look like the work some guys here do themselves, no offence, but its only worth about $500 per door. If its topnotch amazing work then 4-5k for 4 doors is not out of line.

i would ask for a sketch of what they plan to do and ask to see some of their previous work.

Ray from sonus? I would pay whatever that guy asked me too, his work is worth it.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived