Sundown Audio

Massive Audio Drago line D5k D6K D10k??????

Chance787

Anyone have experience with these amps? Any clamp tests or gut shots? Can they run .5? My friend says he heard they are a Zenon board.. I'm interested in the D10k, 5000rms at 1 ohm, but there is literally no first hand reviews on the web. If it's a Zenon board with cheaper parts I'm not opposed to making the plunge for the price point. Please not looking for brand basher comments. Thanks!

Anyone have experience with these amps? Any clamp tests or gut shots? Can they run .5? My friend says he heard they are a Zenon board.. I'm interested in the D10k, 5000rms at 1 ohm, but there is literally no first hand reviews on the web. If it's a Zenon board with cheaper parts I'm not opposed to making the plunge for the price point. Please not looking for brand basher comments. Thanks!

I have no experience with these but they're supposedly CEA rated so it should do the 5,000 watts RMS they claim it does. For the price I see them going for it would be a good deal as long as it actually does that power.

I don't believe in CEA ratings, look at hifonics and many others that are CEA rated and always fall short on the dyno. I'm really hoping this is a Korean board, if so it's a good deal..

The reason Hifonics fall short is because of their voltage sensitivity.

Look at brands like SoundStream, in their new Rubicon Nano series, it's rated 1200W @14.4 volts, meanwhile it made 1700 without even going below rated impedance.

Why? Because they accounted for voltage drop, if you can actually supply 14.4V, 120A to a Hifonics, it'll actually make it's power. Other brands that make their power account for voltage drop and rate it accordingly. Brands who like having bigger numbers with a CEA certification pull stupid shit by making them voltage sensitive.

I don't believe in CEA ratings, look at hifonics and many others that are CEA rated and always fall short on the dyno. I'm really hoping this is a Korean board, if so it's a good deal..

Steve himself dyno'ed a Hifonics CEA rated amp and it did what it was supposed to so...

If you don't believe in CEA ratings then you have nothing to go by than what someone dynos and dyno videos can be rigged too. Check out the ORION 11kw amplifer for $1300 shipped. Even if it's over-rated by a few thousand RMS you're still getting a boatload of power for a cheap price.

Archived