Sundown Audio

Massive Audio Drago line D5k D6K D10k??????

Chance787

We don't care about how cea rates amps, we all know it's bullshit,

Well 90% of us anyways.

The cea rating is meaningless.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Cea ratings mean nothing, it's a marketing gimmick.

Similar to post count on a forum, it doesn't mean anything either.

Anyhow, who knows of any amps that can do 5kw for the $700-$800 range that this Massive amp costs? I sold my DD M4 for $700 and it was 9.5/10 cosmetically. I've seen other used M4s go for that price but that was a couple of years ago which was why I priced mine at that price. That being said, I'm sure you can find a nice used 5kw if you search around or wait a bit.

I don't believe in CEA ratings, look at hifonics and many others that are CEA rated and always fall short on the dyno. I'm really hoping this is a Korean board, if so it's a good deal..

There is a reason for that.

That is because an amp that passes CEA ratings needs to do it at 4ohms, as long as it passes the 4ohm rating the 1ohm manufacture rating does not matter even if it fails the manufactures 1ohm rating claims.

So unless your buying a monoblock amp to wire it at 4ohms the cea ratings are essentially useless.

They do have their purpose, but the test is pretty out dated. Granted that they can run the amps at other loads it is only the 4ohm rating that makes it either a pass or fail.

On top of that not every amplifier the manufacture produces is tested first hand by cea. They test 1 amp of every model that will be listed/sold with cea compliance and that is it.

So with the tolerances there are in amplifiers it is very possible to get 1 amp that exceeds the 4ohm cea rating while another amplifier of the same brand and model fails it, especially since every amp is not tested by cea.

Anyhow, who knows of any amps that can do 5kw for the $700-$800 range that this Massive amp costs? I sold my DD M4 for $700 and it was 9.5/10 cosmetically. I've seen other used M4s go for that price but that was a couple of years ago which was why I priced mine at that price. That being said, I'm sure you can find a nice used 5kw if you search around or wait a bit.

Was that dd amp cea rated?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Was that dd amp cea rated?

I just made a thread as to why CEA ratings are bullshit, and how the dyno's dynamic ratings which are supposed to be, "what you'll actually see on music" are also total bullshit.

In all honestly you would probably have better luck with a used 5k amp (such as a DC Audio 5.0k, Sundown SAZ-4500, or a Crescendo BC5500) than a new Massive for around the same price.

A lot of there more recent stuff stuff seems to be pretty hit or miss, but going back 5ish years ago they did have some nice stuff.

Anyone can order boards from any Korean company on the cheapness.
That alone doesn't usually get the job done because reliability is a huge issue when you get stock boards with the cheapest of the cheap parts.

It also seems there is no clear gut shot of the board in the amp, so its hard to tell which board is being used, for all you know it can be a 8 year old board layout and things improved greatly since then.
I see red flags when a company continues to advertise amps at peak watts.

I see red flags when a company doesnt show you the goodies.

I see red flags when a company allows you to buy it on their site for $1700, but then allows dealers and non-dealers to sell them for over $900-1000 less.

Side note, that does not look like a Zenon bass knob, usually from company to company that all use the same build house the bass knobs are pretty much spot on from one to another.

Another size note Zenon has 2 fairly popular 5k watt rms boards and the lay out does not really seem to fit either of these 2 boards in terms of the settings layout, the speaker terminals, and even the remote turn on position.
I went through Zenon Internationals Alibiba page and didnt come across any amp that has its remote wire paired up with the left side power terminals which would lead me to believe its not a Zenon board since all theirs boards have the remote on ganged in with the right side power connections or the speaker outputs.

Of coarse I could be wrong, but when you cant find the simplest things about a product like you can do with many other brands there is typically a reason for that.
Im not saying the amps are the worst out there because there is by far worse out there LOL
Im willing to say that it is NOT Zenon built.

I guess it really comes down to how you feel about spending your money with them.

Why not just save alittle longer and buy an amp u know is good u already had one in the DD.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Archived