Sundown Audio

Massive Audio Drago line D5k D6K D10k??????

Chance787

Used DC 5.0K's can be had for 800-900 (give or take) and are known to be beast amps in every way, power, longevity, low ohm loads, etc. I run two and love them. I have owned a LOT of types of amps, and these 5.0K's are still what i currently run.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

In all honestly you would probably have better luck with a used 5k amp (such as a DC Audio 5.0k, Sundown SAZ-4500, or a Crescendo BC5500) than a new Massive for around the same price.

A lot of there more recent stuff stuff seems to be pretty hit or miss, but going back 5ish years ago they did have some nice stuff.

Anyone can order boards from any Korean company on the cheapness.

That alone doesn't usually get the job done because reliability is a huge issue when you get stock boards with the cheapest of the cheap parts.

It also seems there is no clear gut shot of the board in the amp, so its hard to tell which board is being used, for all you know it can be a 8 year old board layout and things improved greatly since then.

I see red flags when a company continues to advertise amps at peak watts.

I see red flags when a company doesnt show you the goodies.

I see red flags when a company allows you to buy it on their site for $1700, but then allows dealers and non-dealers to sell them for over $900-1000 less.

Side note, that does not look like a Zenon bass knob, usually from company to company that all use the same build house the bass knobs are pretty much spot on from one to another.

Another size note Zenon has 2 fairly popular 5k watt rms boards and the lay out does not really seem to fit either of these 2 boards in terms of the settings layout, the speaker terminals, and even the remote turn on position.

I went through Zenon Internationals Alibiba page and didnt come across any amp that has its remote wire paired up with the left side power terminals which would lead me to believe its not a Zenon board since all theirs boards have the remote on ganged in with the right side power connections or the speaker outputs.

Of coarse I could be wrong, but when you cant find the simplest things about a product like you can do with many other brands there is typically a reason for that.

Im not saying the amps are the worst out there because there is by far worse out there LOL

Im willing to say that it is NOT Zenon built.

I guess it really comes down to how you feel about spending your money with them.

Thank you all good info. I appreciate the leg work

Cea ratings mean nothing, it's a marketing gimmick.

Similar to post count on a forum, it doesn't mean anything either.

Anyhow, who knows of any amps that can do 5kw for the $700-$800 range that this Massive amp costs? I sold my DD M4 for $700 and it was 9.5/10 cosmetically. I've seen other used M4s go for that price but that was a couple of years ago which was why I priced mine at that price. That being said, I'm sure you can find a nice used 5kw if you search around or wait a bit.

Was that dd amp cea rated?

No, it wasn't. However, it was rated by Digital Designs and that rating is also wrong so ratings are to be taken with a grain of salt period, at least that's my opinion. I don't compete so I'm not looking to clamp a specific amount of power in which I need to count on ratings. Personally I think I'll take a gamble on a Chinese amplifier(Orion's 11KW amp) and if I get 8kw out of it I'll be happy that I only paid $1250 for new, unless of course it's insanely current hungry and inefficient. I've come across some bad stuff when it comes to DD's service so I don't think I'll buy an M5 or Z2C for the couple to few thousand I'd save to get one. Anyhow, this was about the Massive amp and there's really only one way to find out if it's worth it, buy one and ask Steve or someone else that has a dyno put it to the test. I'm still tempted to get one myself, it would cost me a less than a week of pay and I have a lot of raises coming my way anyways so it's not a huge investment for me.

The new Orion HCCA amps are said to be Korean not Chinese, while their older HCCA amps like the 5000 that only does a claimed 2500rms are Chinese, along with all the Orion amps that have been released under DEI ownership.

As for their new 5000wrms amp, its not built to do that wattage it looks wimpy, but then again their cea ratings for that amp are something like 4krms which I could see on a good day (you need to view the pdf on their site to see this additional information, since its not listed on their site or the box iirc).
Their larger amps actually do look promising however, and even their 17,000 wrms amp is clamped and doing rated power.
It really looks like a new company took the brand name back to what it was once known for unlike these other few guys that bought the name and put out shit product.

The new Orion HCCA amps are said to be Korean not Chinese, while their older HCCA amps like the 5000 that only does a claimed 2500rms are Chinese, along with all the Orion amps that have been released under DEI ownership.

As for their new 5000wrms amp, its not built to do that wattage it looks wimpy, but then again their cea ratings for that amp are something like 4krms which I could see on a good day (you need to view the pdf on their site to see this additional information, since its not listed on their site or the box iirc).

Their larger amps actually do look promising however, and even their 17,000 wrms amp is clamped and doing rated power.

It really looks like a new company took the brand name back to what it was once known for unlike these other few guys that bought the name and put out shit product.

David Berger of DB Designs told me one of the 11kws he seen blew up pretty quick but I'll have to get more info on that. Thanks for the info on those Orions!

Ok guys let's get back on topic here. Dragos. Who has experience with them????

Well i have used massive audio d8000 which does 4k rms at .5ohms

does get a little warm but it pushed 2 hdc3 18's

I did just order a massive d8000 again for a little bass for the moment, was planning on using 2 t2500's but had to sell them.

I am using the amp on 2 ssa evil 15's.

The new line of amps they have now i've never used but that d8000 pushes man real hard, that ofc if u have proper electrical.

But if u wanna stick with massive get the d8000 4k rms at .5ohms.

Hope this helps.

Well i have used massive audio d8000 which does 4k rms at .5ohms

does get a little warm but it pushed 2 hdc3 18's

I did just order a massive d8000 again for a little bass for the moment, was planning on using 2 t2500's but had to sell them.

I am using the amp on 2 ssa evil 15's.

The new line of amps they have now i've never used but that d8000 pushes man real hard, that ofc if u have proper electrical.

But if u wanna stick with massive get the d8000 4k rms at .5ohms.

Hope this helps.

I'm familiar with the d8000. Good little amps, they have the sound magus board. Only turn off is they are not strappable.

• 3 weeks later...

Good buy and im sure you will be happy with it.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Archived