Second Skin Audio

New to me 2011 Grand Cherokee. Is it worth running sa8s off a aq1200d

hzsogood

Girlfriend is getting a 2011 grand Cherokee and looking for a descent sub/subs for it.. I already have a 2-3 year old audioque 1200d, so just trying to find a good single or double sub setup to pair it with.. Been out of the game a while , and the only sub I have in the garage is a sundown sa8 v2 that I had in my ws6 before I sold it. Probably not gonna be that impressive with a cabin that large, so looking at other options, or even another sa8 to pair it up with, and a good enclosure design it will definitely be an improvement even tho it's a small sub.

Another sa8 and a good enclosure design would probably sound great, and give all the bass SHE will ever need , so I'm just curious what you guys think.

Good purchase, I have a 2012 that I'm getting ready to get to building on. Check here http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/ A lot of good info.

Ray

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Kenwood DDX9702S Connected with iDatalink Maestro

Cactus Sounds PF K5 w/ 1 Sundown Audio Zv.4 "10

Cactus Sounds PF 250.4 w/ SSA Evil 6.5" Midranges & Evil 1's Tweeters

Northstar  D3100 in the rear

VbjgkeI_zps47f1e082.jpg

If she's willing to give up the space for a larger sub/subs she'd be better off.

If you're happy with the sundown sa line you could do a single 15" sa.

That amp would be a good match power wise for it as well.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Sounds like a good matchup. If u think she will be happy with it go for it. Those sa's can get loud and sound good.

Well, The only concern I had was 2 - 8's in a SUV.. Not to typical, but am thinking with a good enclosure it would sound really good. When I had the single sa8 in the trans am , it sounded descent, but ( for those who know the small awkward rear hatch area of most of those f body trans ams and camaro ) It wasn't near an optimal design to work with..

So since I've been out I need to know a few things.

Can I still order a sa8 v2, and if so is the coil still the same , so it will match with my current sa8?

Whats a good 4 gauge wire to order up.. I think I ran KnuKoncepts ( sp? ) last time .. Actually a good 4 awg amp kit would be easier

The jeep has nav, so I want to keep the HU/nav factory.. Is there any other option other than a line out converter that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

and, where to buy speaker box fabric, and ( I know this is a noob question.... ) The best way to mount the subs.. If things haven't changed , it's always been sub(s) up, port back on alot of SUVs, but Im sure Grand Cherokees are quite a bit different than alot of the GMs I see around here like Tahoes, Yukons, etc. But seeing as how this obviously isn't an spl setup, and it's 2 8's, it might be a different story

Yea she will want some usable space in the rear, so a 5+ cubic foot enclose ( with port ) might be out of the question...

Sorry to ask a question about "what sub" and then basically make my own answer/decision, <_< BUT, If I can find a matching sa8 I think that will be the way to go.. 2 8s, and a good design.. No 20hz drops, but hoping she will like them ( It'll be a surprise for her ) .. Knowing how well that single sa8 performed in a crap enclosure in the T/A off 2 ohms on the AQ, there should be some descent potential with 2 in a good enclosure.. Like I said , nothing fancy and impressive ( because I know what forum I'm in ) . But something much better than factory , with a clean install, and the ability to just pull the enclosure out if space is needed

Good purchase, I have a 2012 that I'm getting ready to get to building on. Check here http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/ A lot of good info.

Thanks bud.. That a pretty good forum for Jeeps? Theres so many out there, and I know they all talk about Jeeps, but just looking for the best ones to join, especially for 2011+ ... Like the jeep version of LS1Tech :)

Do you have a specific thread in there?

It's a pretty good forum for the WK2, but don't think they like big subs on that forum. If you look under the drivers seat there is room for a .6 sealed box that I'm going to use for road trips with a Sundown SA 6.5" with a 8" passive radiator, the battery is under the passengers seat which I love cause it's an "AGM".

Ray

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Kenwood DDX9702S Connected with iDatalink Maestro

Cactus Sounds PF K5 w/ 1 Sundown Audio Zv.4 "10

Cactus Sounds PF 250.4 w/ SSA Evil 6.5" Midranges & Evil 1's Tweeters

Northstar  D3100 in the rear

VbjgkeI_zps47f1e082.jpg

Archived