Second Skin Audio

New to me 2011 Grand Cherokee. Is it worth running sa8s off a aq1200d

hzsogood

It's a pretty good forum for the WK2, but don't think they like big subs on that forum. If you look under the drivers seat there is room for a .6 sealed box that I'm going to use for road trips with a Sundown SA 6.5" with a 8" passive radiator, the battery is under the passengers seat which I love cause it's an "AGM".

Gotcha.. Little older of a crew? ( not that that's bad ) ... I'd definitely want to go ported either way. What size alt do they put on the 2011s? More than enough for my amp I'm guessing for the most part....

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think u can still get the v2s on ebay. As well as box carpeting and a knukonceptz 4 gauge ofc kit. Knu is good wire.

Thanks , I figured Knu was still around, but was just checking. Don't know why I'm so excited to put a sub setup in a car that isn't mine, but I'm hoping it sounds good..

I might have to try to get ahold of Sundown just to see if I have any options from ordering directly, or getting a perfect match for my current v2.

160amp, 180amp or 220amp depending on model and or options. I have the 160. Here are the quotes I got from Singer:temporary_zps41rxzsgj.jpg

Ray

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Kenwood DDX9702S Connected with iDatalink Maestro

Cactus Sounds PF K5 w/ 1 Sundown Audio Zv.4 "10

Cactus Sounds PF 250.4 w/ SSA Evil 6.5" Midranges & Evil 1's Tweeters

Northstar  D3100 in the rear

VbjgkeI_zps47f1e082.jpg

It sounds like you really want to buy another SA-8, but before you do that here is something else to consider. If you are going to be buying another sub anyway why don't you get a 12" instead and save the SA-8 for something else. A 12" has about the same box requirements as two 8" will and has a little more cone area. 8" subs really are compromised in terms of how large of a coil they can have and how much excursion they will be capable of, 12" subs don't have those limitations and will have greater performance potential. Also, most of the 8" subs, including the SA-8, tend to have rather peaky output, a larger sub will have smoother frequency response. My suggestion would be to get a good 12" sub to go with you AQ1200 and not worry about running a pair of 8"s.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Yea....... I knew someone would suggest that, lol.. Well, for anyone with suggestions on a single 12, I'm all ears.. last single 12 I had on that amp ( at 2 ohms ) was a DC lvl 3 and it was pretty descent. So I guess if I'm gonna get a single d2 sub to run at 1 ohm suggestions for one around the 1000 RMS mark would be a good fit ..

Factory alts are 160, 180 & 220 based on model and options. I have the 160 in mine.

Ray

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Kenwood DDX9702S Connected with iDatalink Maestro

Cactus Sounds PF K5 w/ 1 Sundown Audio Zv.4 "10

Cactus Sounds PF 250.4 w/ SSA Evil 6.5" Midranges & Evil 1's Tweeters

Northstar  D3100 in the rear

VbjgkeI_zps47f1e082.jpg

Archived