Quick dual bat question

Planning for some upgrades in the spring. Ordering a BRX2400.1d, installing my 2nd AD244 alt, and I'd like to add a 2nd battery in the back of the Blazer. Question is, does it matter what type of battery goes in the back? I thought I read somewhere that you don't want to put regular batteries back there. Something about chemical releases. Is this the case, or am I mis-remembering things?

1999 Blazer

AD-244 Alt (soon to be 2)

HU / Pioneer P7800MP

Sub / RE 18HC

Amp / Shopping for a new one

7.71 cubes 118 sq" port area tuned to 34.9hz

You probably don't want to put a wet-cell in the vehicle. The release hydrogen gas (when they're charging? I think?) and can spill acid if tipped over. You can get a quality AGM. I believe they are all sealed (make sure to double check) and can usually be laid on their sides or whatever (not upside down). Also, if using different types of batteries, they will having different resting voltages. This can cause problems (i'm not versed on the extent of the problems).

I may be thinking of the BRZ, but I thought I seen somewhere where it did a solid 2000-2100 certified at 13.25v, and something around 3k uncertified, or dynamic burst.. If not then I may just be looking for a different amp.

Main reasons for the snd alt are that 1, I'm told that amp is power hungry, 2, I hate dimming, 3, I already have a spare ad244, and my ac doesn't work anyhow, 4, I plan to add another amp for components as well, and lastly, I like overhead.

Also have an rub1.2500d that I can pick up for a decent price instead of the Brut.

1999 Blazer

AD-244 Alt (soon to be 2)

HU / Pioneer P7800MP

Sub / RE 18HC

Amp / Shopping for a new one

7.71 cubes 118 sq" port area tuned to 34.9hz

Archived