Sundown Audio

Kicker zx2500.1 1ohm?

chuey_316

Need a new amp and I have a chance to pick up a zx2500.1, I know they are 2ohm stable, but has anybody ran 1 at 1ohm daily? Running 1/0 power and we'll have 300a under the hood, with a deep cycle battery. Just trying to figure out if the amp can handle 1ohm daily before I grab it.

1999 Blazer

AD-244 Alt (soon to be 2)

HU / Pioneer P7800MP

Sub / RE 18HC

Amp / Shopping for a new one

7.71 cubes 118 sq" port area tuned to 34.9hz

Hit or miss on those. I've seen it done without breaking the amp but I've ran the 1200.1 at low impedance without issue, but I have also had Kicker amps getting protect happy when you try to run lower than rated impedance.. I'd say if you intend to play music shop elsewhere for something designed to drive 1 ohm.

I'll just run it at 4ohm for awhile and resell it on eBay. For $250 I can't pass it up. It'll do enough at 4ohm to keep my 18hc happy.

1999 Blazer

HU / Pioneer P7800MP

Sub / RE 18HC

1 ohm works fine if you tune it properly and dont push it off a cliff

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Wasn't sure because I've done alot of reading on it, and it seems petty mixed. Some people saying they ran at 1, and others saying that theirs would protect at 1. Have to grab a clamp meter so I can check my box rise. May be fine wired at 1 after rise.

Definitely a steal. Not stolen though. It's a guy I work with, that I've known for 20+ years. He paid $700 for it, used it in his girlfriends vehicle for a year or so before selling the car, and it's been sitting in his house ever since.

1999 Blazer

HU / Pioneer P7800MP

Sub / RE 18HC

Well he brought it in today, and it's not the 2500, it's the zx1500. Was pretty bummed. Had planned to just run it at 4ohm till I seen that. I know they clamp around 2200 @1ohm, but I'm not gonna spend $250 on an amp to run it under imp. Guess I'll go with my original plan of either a brx2400.1d for the same price, or a refurbed rub1.2500d for $60 less.

1999 Blazer

HU / Pioneer P7800MP

Sub / RE 18HC

• 2 years later...

Archived